Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Self-Promotion > M/M Romance Group

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) If you enjoy reading, or are just curious about, books featuring gay male relationships, please join our group. This genre is growing fast and includes all of the sub-genres you'd find in regular romance books. PNR, Urban Fantasy, SciFi, etc...

We do request that you be at least 18 to join our group since the discussions can sometimes be a little...well adult :)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/invite...

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Come on guys, you know you want to...

message 3: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Lol. I didn't realize that by clicking the link I'd be IN! I was looking to browse. Oh well, I'm starting to get into MM now and this seems like a good way to find recommendations!

Hoping to read Regularly Scheduled Life this month. I bought it based on the prequel stories on the web.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Michelle M. wrote: "Lol. I didn't realize that by clicking the link I'd be IN! I was looking to browse. Oh well, I'm starting to get into MM now and this seems like a good way to find recommendations!

Hoping to re..."

We've got you now Michelle and we're never going to let you leave...Bwaaa Haaa Haaaa (supposed to be an evil laugh)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Michelle, welcome to the dark side!
I saw that you had marked Regularly Scheduled Life to-be-read - it's awesome! Read it! (And um, I didn't know there was prequel stuff on her site so I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next little while...)

message 6: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments There are 2! Their first ever meeting while Kyle(?) is in college, and how they re-meet years later. I'm so picky about romance type books but those made me interested in reading more about the couple.

On a related topic, isn't it great how so many authors in the genre have freebie stories on their websites? I love being able to test out an author's style.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) They weren't enough! I need more Sean and Kyle!

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Lol. I loved how Kyle thought Sean was a little stalker-esque in remembering how he liked his coffee.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Oh, you're totally right. That's funny - I thought he thought it was scary because he knew things were about to get really serious. But you're right.

So you need to read RSL now! It's great - the only thing it's missing is a snarky half-incubus mage with a British accent. (And a very pretty... ahem.)

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments But, aren't there other pretty ahems in there to keep me entertained?

:)

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I didn't realize there were prequels either. I read them immediately...so good. Not finished with RSL yet but am loving it so far.

What snarky half-incubus mage with a British accent are we talking about?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Michelle M. wrote: "But, aren't there other pretty ahems in there to keep me entertained? :)"

Oh, plenty. Be not afraid.

Lori - we're talking about Pritkin from the Cassie Palmer books by Karen Chance. Have you read those yet? Sooo good.

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) No, I haven't read those yet but they have been on TBR list forever. I've been reading exclusively M/M lately but I do need to get back to PNR and UF. I will eventually :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

M/M's aren't really my thing, but if they're yours, you might want to check out Lauren Dane's LAID BARE which is actually more a M/M/F but very well written.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Lori wrote: "No, I haven't read those yet but they have been on TBR list forever. I've been reading exclusively M/M lately but I do need to get back to PNR and UF. I will eventually :)"

I've been pretty exclusive with m/m lately too but I'm trying to branch back out! When you get there, you'll definitely have to try Touch the Dark.

message 16: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I second that emotion!

And Stephanie, thanks for the suggestion. I've added it to the TBR!

message 17: by Lori (last edited Jan 07, 2011 07:51AM) (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty is now available to download for free! This collection of stories written by authors who belong to the M/M Romance Group is available in three different formats and is a quick introduction to M/M Romance if you haven't taken the plunge yet. Everything from contemporary, sci-fi, paranormal, BDSM, etc...is included. It's like a big ole' buffet. Something for everyone!

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Nice!

message 19: by Dobarah (new)

Dobarah | 279 comments Moderatrix Lori wrote: "If you enjoy reading, or are just curious about, books featuring gay male relationships, please join our group. This genre is growing fast and includes all of the sub-genres you'd find in regular r..."

I wanted to let you know that I waited until I got home from work to click the link! ;~)

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Dobarah wrote: "Moderatrix Lori wrote: "If you enjoy reading, or are just curious about, books featuring gay male relationships, please join our group. This genre is growing fast and includes all of the sub-genre..."

LOL Dobarah. Probably a smart move on your part but we did do a tasteful cover :) The icon for my group is pretty racy though and probably isn't work appropriate ~grin~