The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

An Enchantment of Ravens
This topic is about An Enchantment of Ravens
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > An Enchantment of Ravens (Septemeber 2019) Buddy Read Discussion - Violet, Vincent

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new) - added it

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 531 comments Mod
Welcome to An Enchantment of Ravens Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on September 1st and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each week we will be reading by chapters. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 9/1
September 1: Chapters 1-2
September 2: Chapters 3-4
September 3: Chapters 5-6
September 4: Chapters 7-8
September 5: Chapters 9-10
September 6: Chapters 11-12
September 7: Chapters 13-14

Week of 9/8
September 8: Chapters 15-16
September 9: Chapters 17-18
September 10: Chapters 19-20
September 11: Chapters 21-22 + epilogue

Participants:
- Violet
- Vincent

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments I really hope this one is good

message 3: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Violet wrote: "I really hope this one is good"

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this one but I really loved "Sorcery of Thorns" by the same author so hope you guys like this one! :)

message 4: by Elysian (last edited Sep 01, 2019 10:22AM) (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments Violet wrote: "I really hope this one is good"

Well, my actual reason to read this is, because you mentioned it as an option for a buddy read and I need to read more fantasy (my least favourite genre to pick up) I hope you picked it well :D

Laura ☾ | 956 comments To be honest I'd classify this one more as paranormal romance than full-on fantasy! A Sorcery of thorns was miles better because it toned down the romance part in my opinion :)

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments Vincent, I'm so sorry for picking this. lol I did not like it at all.

message 7: by Elysian (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments Violet wrote: "Vincent, I'm so sorry for picking this. lol I did not like it at all."

Oh god. Do I need to worry now?

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments Vincent wrote: "Violet wrote: "Vincent, I'm so sorry for picking this. lol I did not like it at all."

Oh god. Do I need to worry now?"

It's...not terrible...but...it's so lackluster and straightforward. Don't judge fantasy off of this book. I saw you were looking for a good fantasy and I want to recommend one to you, but haven't decided on one yet.

But don't worry too much. Just think of it as a simple romance rather than fantasy just like Laura said.

message 9: by Elysian (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments Violet wrote: "Vincent wrote: "Violet wrote: "Vincent, I'm so sorry for picking this. lol I did not like it at all."

Oh god. Do I need to worry now?"

It's...not terrible...but...it's so lackluster and straightf..."

AH! I see. Well, I will take your word then. I hope I manage to enjoy it anyways, because a friend of mine meant it was good.

Also thanks for thinking about books you could recommend to me! I really appreciate that!

message 10: by Elysian (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments To my bad, I do not know whether I can get this book this month. It is not available at any (legal) sources and I do not really want to buy the book, because I am not sure how much I would like it and I expect to rather - dislike - it.

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments It's no worries! I think I bought it back when it was only $2 on kindle. other than that I never would have grabbed it so I understand

message 12: by Elysian (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments Violet wrote: "It's no worries! I think I bought it back when it was only $2 on kindle. other than that I never would have grabbed it so I understand"

Thanks for understanding! Originally, the book was available on my bookish app I use for e- books, but they took it down or something like that.

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments oh that stinks! Maybe it'll pop back up

message 14: by Elysian (new) - added it

Elysian (haeliks) | 262 comments Violet wrote: "oh that stinks! Maybe it'll pop back up"

I really hope so :/

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.