The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
This topic is about A Darker Shade of Magic
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Buddy Read Discussions > A Darker Shade of Magic (Septemeber 2019) Buddy Read Discussion - Laura, Isabella, Bree

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Sep 01, 2019 07:00AM) (new) - added it

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
Welcome to A Darker Shade of Magic Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on September 1st and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each week we will be reading by chapters. This is based on overall chapters numbers, not the individual parts. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 9/1
September 1: Chapters 1-6
September 2: Chapters 7-12
September 3: Chapters 13-18
September 4: Chapters 19-24
September 5: Chapters 25-30
September 6: Chapters 31-36
September 7: Chapters 37-42

Week of 9/8
September 8: Chapters 43-48
September 9: Chapters 49-54
September 10: Chapters 55-57

Participants:
- Laura
- Isabella
- Bree

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments i just bought this book. Can I join too? I did not like the second villains book :(

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments Bree wrote: "i just bought this book. Can I join too? I did not like the second villains book :("

Of course :)

I've just finished the first section! So far I'm rather intrigued - the dynamic between the different Londons reminded me a little of Neverwhere at first!

This seems nothing like Vicious or Vengeful so far - it has a very different tone! (I loved Vicious and only liked Vengeful). This one is more high fantasy than sci-fi and so far so good - Schwab has a really interesting writing style!

Isabella (isabella32324) | 46 comments I am listening to the audiobook edition and i think the voice fits perfectly.

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments I've just finished today's section! What are your thoughts so far? :D

Isabella (isabella32324) | 46 comments OK I may or may not have finished the entire book already so i am not going to say much to prevent spoilers. I got invested so i couldn't put the book down.

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments Haha that’s alright! I’ll let you know when I finish it - I’ve been pacing myself but in that case I won’t restrain myself 😂 give me a day or two and we can discuss

Isabella (isabella32324) | 46 comments alright great

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments @Bree did you get to start this yet?

@Isabella - I finished it! What did you think? I absolutely loved it!

(view spoiler)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments Yes! I was slow to starting it as college classes started up this week too, but i'm going to try to knock out at least 100 pages a day.

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments Ok will continue to tag all spoilers for now and you can jump in the discussion whenever you’re ready!

Isabella (isabella32324) | 46 comments (view spoiler)

Laura ☾ | 1258 comments Who's your favourite character?

(view spoiler)

Isabella (isabella32324) | 46 comments I don't really have a favorite character thus far cause each character has their own flaws and are very different people.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.