Teen Readers discussion

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about Red Queen
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month! > September 2019 ~ Red Queen

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alli (readingtilldawn) | 198 comments Mod
This is a world divided by blood - red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power. Fearful of Mare's potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime. But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart.

Red Queen was suggested by iloveu3000. This means that they get 10 points for suggesting the book that was chosen.

Need more information on the rules and how to earn points? Read the rules on this thread or send a DM to either @Alli or @Leah!

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (pumpkinpi714) | 88 comments Ugh, I was at the library yesterday and completely forgot to get it!

Benny (bennyroben) | 9 comments It’s going great so far. I think I can keep a steady pace of 3 chapters each day. I don’t know if this counts as a spoiler so I’ll just word it like this: How is the relationship of a Silver and a Red going to work out?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Considering it is kinda something that is looked down upon in their culture, how can the silver and red mix? And work well?

Benny (bennyroben) | 9 comments @Kaidence, exactly my thoughts. I assume that they haven’t ever tried to breed from both bloodlines. I don’t know if it’ll be addressed later but it seems like it should be a major issue ‘cod of the possibilities.

Benny (bennyroben) | 9 comments Just finished and it was good.

Adding scores for the month now!!! I'm so sorry the scores are so late...

I'm going to be starting this book soon!!! How's everyone doing so far with the read?

sienna (holoitsme) | 48 comments I’ve already read this book (obviously) but I hope you all enjoy it and want to read the whole series!

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (pumpkinpi714) | 88 comments Are the moderators too busy too? Honestly with school going on, I wouldn’t blame them... maybe try messaging them??

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea, sorry guys. I believe we will skip October, as both Alli and I have that as our busiest month. This is why we are looking for a new mod to help us out.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Since it's a bit too late, and we wouldn't have a whole month, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. We will have a November poll coming out soon. Sorry bout that guys!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.