░N░e░w░ ░A░u░t░h░o░r░s░ discussion

The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
This topic is about The Earl and The Enchantress
Meet the Author 2019 > Paullett Golden

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

Grasshopper Bot (daisyking) | 6274 comments Mod
Meet the author
Paullett Golden Paullett Golden
in September 2019.

message 2: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

Celebrated for her complex characters, realistic conflicts, and sensual love scenes, Paullett Golden puts a spin on historical romance. Her novels, set primarily in Georgian and Regency England with some dabbling in Ireland, Scotland, and France, challenge the norm by involving characters who are loved for their flaws, imperfections, and idiosyncrasies. Her stories show love overcoming adversity. Whatever our self-doubts, love will out.

message 3: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited Aug 31, 2019 03:28AM) (new) - added it

The Earl and The Enchantress
(The Enchantresses #1)
by Paullett Golden (Goodreads Author)
4.09 · Rating details · 91 ratings · 63 reviews
Not all scars can be healed with a kiss.

Sebastian Lancaster, Earl of Roddam, harbors a family secret so dark he has forsaken marriage to hide the past. When fate introduces him to Lizbeth, he believes he has met his perfect match—a woman with whom he can share passion without commitment.

Lizbeth Trethow risks everything to follow her heart until Sebastian’s past returns to haunt them. Desperate to hide the blood on his hands, he sabotages their happiness. Everything depends on Lizbeth unraveling the truth and turning this villain into a hero.

This is the love story of Lizbeth and Sebastian as they battle metaphoric ghosts born of murder and enlightenment to be together.

message 4: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments I'm excited to be featured this month! It's my birthday month, so this is a lovely way to celebrate. :) I can't wait to see what the group makes of my debut novel!

Does anyone have any questions to get the ball rolling?

message 5: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited Aug 31, 2019 10:36PM) (new) - added it

Best wishes on your birthday month Paullett.
Could you tell us what has been your inspiration to begin writing?

message 6: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments I've been writing and wanting to be a career author for as long as I remember. From the moment I learned how to write, I was crafting stories, even if they were the brainchilds of a toddler and written in crayon! I joined my first writing group in my pre-teens. I was struck by the worlds we can visit and explore within stories. We can travel, learn, meet new people, experience new things, all from within a book.

All of this said, I, like so many, got caught up with the humdrum job world. I became a university professor and later an administrator all in order to have a "day job" so I could pay bills while writing. Well, that day job consumed all my time, and I kept thinking, "I'll write when I have more time," but I never made the time.

Finally, when I was told by an oncologist that I wouldn't live for much longer, I realized I never would have more time. The time was NOW. And so I started writing with a mad furry realizing this was it! This was my only chance, and I likely would never see the books published. I fought cancer while crafting stories, and I suppose it was my destiny because I'm still alive, doing well, and am focusing on my writing almost exclusively.

message 7: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Martuneac | 38 comments Wow, that’s really inspiring! I’m glad you’re still healthy!

message 8: by Beatrice, Best Friend of the group (last edited Sep 01, 2019 11:07AM) (new)

Beatrice Williams | 2516 comments Mod
Gosh! I don't know what to say Paullett. You're amazing.

message 9: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments Peter wrote: "Wow, that’s really inspiring! I’m glad you’re still healthy!"

Thank you, Peter! I'm glad, as well. ;) Looking at the end of the line is a scary wake up call. I think I would have much preferred just feeling the inclination to finally write rather than the, "Oh my gosh! This is it!" Haha.

message 10: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments Beatrice wrote: "Gosh! I don't know what to say Paullett. You're amazing."

Thank you so much for the kind words, Beatrice! I'm blushing!

message 11: by Beatrice, Best Friend of the group (new)

Beatrice Williams | 2516 comments Mod
Stay happy & healthy Paullett. :)

message 12: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

That's the spirit Paullett!
Keep up the good work.

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Habbie | 1911 comments You're a brave lady Paullett. We need to borrow some of that mad fury. 😊

message 14: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments Hahaha. I'll be sure to send some your way, Catherine! I'll send the "inspired to write now, now, now vibes." *wink*

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Habbie | 1911 comments Thanks Paullett. Much needed. 😅

message 16: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

Thank you Paullett for sharing your book with us here. It was great knowing more about you.

message 17: by Paullett (new) - added it

Paullett Golden (paullettgolden) | 43 comments My pleasure! Thank you so much for having me as a guest author. It's been fun. :)

░N░e░w░ ░A░u░t░h░o░r░s░

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Paullett Golden (other topics)