What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > I can't find a Fantasy quest novel from the 70's or 80's that I recall something about

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Sep 01, 2019 12:31PM) (new)

Tom B | 2 comments I read a fantasy book years ago - perhaps 70's or 80's - where one character was a fine swordsman who had grown lethargic and spent his time in bed not moving - except when threatened when his skills once again came to the fore. He was not the main character, but a key part of the "good guys". This character was either a prince or a king. The scene that I recall is him on the bed and then quickly responding to an attempt on his life. Sort of how the character is introduced. Does anyone know this book?

message 2: by Sycorax (new)

Sycorax | 72 comments could it be The Princess Bride? Inigo Montoya spends a lot of time drunk in bed at one point.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom B | 2 comments No, a favorite of mine. This character was either a prince or a king. THe scene that I recall is him on the bed and then quickly responding to an attempt on his life. Sort of how the character is introduced. Thanks for trying though!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Tom, please add those plot details you put in your post to your topic header. This helps the people searching for your book.