Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Favorite adventure fiction series/novels???

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alba (new)

Alba Arango | 30 comments My favorite is the Percy Jackson series. Mythology and adventure...two of my favs.

message 2: by Harley (new)

Harley Bennett | 84 comments The Valkyrie series by Kate O'Hearn and the Maude March books by Audrey Couloumbis.

message 3: by C.J. (last edited Aug 31, 2019 10:24AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 127 comments Mod
Rue2 wrote: "I love, and I mean love, adventure fiction!"

Here are the starters to some of my favorite adventure series:

The Adventurers Guild (The Adventurers Guild #1) by Zack Loran Clark The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Holly Black The Luck Uglies (The Luck Uglies, #1) by Paul Durham The Vengekeep Prophecies by Brian Farrey The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud

message 4: by Raquelle (new)

Raquelle Element (elementray932) | 28 comments If you're looking for some steampunk: The Mark of the Dragonfly

message 5: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 127 comments Mod
Ray wrote: "If you're looking for some steampunk: The Mark of the Dragonfly"

Oh, definitely. I enjoyed the whole Worlds of Solace collection. (Hope there are more!)

message 6: by Gregg (new)

Gregg Millman | 2 comments My 9 year old son and I are reading book 2 in the MAX EINSTEIN series. It's a spy adventure about a genius girl who tries to solve the world's problems with real science...while avoiding being kidnapped by The Corp.

message 7: by Critter (new)

Critter (abookwormcalledcritter) | 20 comments Some of my favorite adventure series which include fantasy elements are the Endling series by Katherine Applegate and Tui T. Sutherland’s Wings of Fire series. I also love Roland Smith's Cryptid Hunters series which adds more sci-fi elements as the series progresses.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1662 comments Mod
A little different kind of adventure series, but for me nothing beats Brian Jacques's Redwall books.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen Cossey | 1 comments I also love Percy Jackon and also Artemis Fowl. It's been around awhile now, but my kids also loved 39 Clues (we read the whole series while driving through Europe for 6 months! Helped that my kids are called Daniel and Amy, just like the kids in the series)

message 10: by R. (new)

R. Fulleman (rfulleman) | 2 comments The Ranger’s Apprentice series by Flanagan is a great adventure series. He has two spinoff series as well. I also liked Haddix’s “The Missing” series.

message 11: by Louie (new)

Louie | 73 comments I suggest The Serpent's Secret by Sayantani Dasgupta and Into the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Coville. They are both thrilling adventure fantasies that are also series starters. Oooh, I can't forget about The Flame of Olympus by Kate O' Hearn, that's a great fantasy inspired by roman mythology.

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Sheibley | 2 comments Hi Rue2! There are SO many amazing MG adventure series! I totally recommend the Unwanteds by Lisa McMann; the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyers (1st book is Cinder); the Magisterium series by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (1st book is The Iron Trial); the Alanna books by Tamora Pierce; the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan; and The Summoner series by Taran Matharu. And, of course, anything by Rick Riordan! (I'm anxiously awaiting the next Apollo and Magnus books!!)

message 13: by Camille (new)

Camille Caliman (camillecalimanauthor) | 16 comments This is also a very late recommendation, but have you tried Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret? It's a standalone, but its still good.

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke Quaranta | 6 comments Keepers of the Lost Cities is very popular with my students!