The Next Best Book Club discussion

Group Read Discussions > Little Women - Spoiler free

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10062 comments Mod
Shhhh! I don't want to know what happens.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a wonderful book about treasuring your family, and one I intend to read over and over again. The movie versions are all excellent too!

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments One of the first books I was given in about 5th or 6th grade, My grandmother thought I would love it and she was right.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (aquariusnat) | 41 comments I have copy that adds the sequels Jo's Boys and Little Men too . It's great because the focus is on strong minded female characters . You may not agree with all the choices the characters make , but it works overall .

message 5: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 1949 comments My favorite re-read. First time I was 9 or 10 and it was my Mom's book. It was a long summer with few trips to the library so I read that and Bret Harte's short stories among several "adult" books. My Mom's only comment as I recall was to wash my hands before I picked up the books.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I am new to this group, and have actually been listening to this book on overdrive for the last week. This is my first time reading it and I am not sure how I feel about it yet, on chapter 29 and I have not been overly impressed. At the same time, I am very intrigued and need to know what happens to each of the Little Women.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) A great book that I have re-read a couple of times. :)