Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Paulo Coelho gives his readers the possibility of reading all of his books online!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (blackandabroad) Dear all in the 50 books/year group,
I'm excited about joining this group, even though it is already May. I'd like to add the books I've already read but can't seem to figure out how to do so. Can anyone help?

message 2: by P. (new)

P. (shimizusan) | 131 comments Whoa... I'm a Coelho fan, and I'd love to read the books I've missed out. How's this happening? Does anyone know?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (tail-kinkertoennien) Carolyn wrote: "Dear all in the 50 books/year group,
I'm excited about joining this group, even though it is already May. I'd like to add the books I've already read but can't seem to figure out how to do so. Can ..."

There should be a link at the top of the "comment" box that says "add book/author". Click on it and it will bring up a white box where you can search by book or author name. You can either add the title in a link, or a pic of the cover if available. Once your book is found, click "add" and it'll automatically be added to your post (like below).

Dune

Cornerofmadness | 790 comments Carolyn wrote: "Dear all in the 50 books/year group,
I'm excited about joining this group, even though it is already May. I'd like to add the books I've already read but can't seem to figure out how to do so. Can ..."

just go to the group and start up a comment post with a subject line you can find again like Carolyn's 50 in 2010' then every time you're ready to go back to it, search that back up and add your books as a comment. If you want to add book covers or hyperlinks to the top, you'll see add book/author at the top of the comment box. click on it and search for the book (you might have to click some html is ok to make it work) and click on if you want a cover or a link to the book. Or heck you can just type in the titles of the books without linking to anything if you want but it's nice if you do so we can easily check it out if it sounds interesting to us. I'm finding this list helpful in compiling a 'to-read' list. good luck

message 5: by P. (new)

P. (shimizusan) | 131 comments the comments here have nothing to do with coelho giving his readers the chance to read his books online... either I'm seeing things, or there are crossed wires here lol!

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) OK I thought I was the only one confused!

message 7: by Carla (new)

Carla | 42 comments Sarah wrote: "Carolyn wrote: "Dear all in the 50 books/year group,
I'm excited about joining this group, even though it is already May. I'd like to add the books I've already read but can't seem to figure out h..."

thank you for the information. i wasn't sure how to do that myself. wow! you really DO learn something new every day!

message 8: by Jill (new)

Jill Porco | 14 comments I'm halfway there! Many of the books below are good--I usually pick out things I'd like...I'll review some over time on here.

1. Rounding the Mark by Andrea Camilleri
2. The Patience of the Spider by Andrea Camilleri
3. The Murder of King Tut by James Patterson
4. The Dogs of Riga (Wallander #2) by Henning Mankell
5. The White Lioness (Wallander #3) by Henning Mankell
6. A Cab Called Reliable A Novel by Patti Kim
7. ] The Help by Kathryn Stockett
8. The Shack by William P. Young
9. The Smell of the Night (An Inspector Montalbano Mystery) by Andrea Camilleri
10. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
11. Ford County by John Grisham
12. The Terra-Cotta Dog (Inspector Montalbano Mysteries) by Andrea Camilleri Midnight Fugue A Dalziel and Pascoe Mystery by Reginald Hill
13. Death Is Now My Neighbor by Colin Dexter
14. In the Woods  by Tana French
15. The Likeness by Tana French
16. Mercy by Jodi Picoult
17. Don't Look Back
18. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
19. bookcover:The Girl Who Played with Fire|5060378]
20. Alex Cross's Trial (Alex Cross, #15) by James Patterson
21. August Heat by Andrea Camilleri
22. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley
23. The Bad Behavior of Belle Cantrell A Novel by Loraine Despres
24. Amy and Isabelle A Novel by Elizabeth Strout

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill Porco | 14 comments I'll review some over time here.

Best, Jill

message 10: by Carolyn (last edited May 11, 2010 12:08PM) (new)

Carolyn (blackandabroad) Cornerofmadness wrote: "Carolyn wrote: "Dear all in the 50 books/year group,
I'm excited about joining this group, even though it is already May. I'd like to add the books I've already read but can't seem to figure out ho..."

Thank you Corner of Madness and Sarah. I'm going to try it right now. I'm not too computer savvy so I might have to write back!

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (blackandabroad) Carolyn's 50 books in 2010

1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (tail-kinkertoennien) Ah now you're posting like a pro :)