Rated YA-MA discussion

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)
This topic is about Ink and Bone
Fantasy > Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine (group read September 2019)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, the 8th (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie | 1079 comments Share your thoughts regarding book 1 of this series.
Is this your first time reading it or is it a reread?

Don’t forget to use spoiler tags for major plot points. And happy reading :)

message 2: by Melanie, the 8th (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie | 1079 comments I am about halfway through the book. Thus far the world-building and characters are well-developed. The story has some slow exposition moments, but the flow is nice. I particualry enjoy the in-between vignettes like (view spoiler).

One of the things I like to do when I read is to make crazy predictions. I just can't help myself, so here I go:
-(view spoiler)
-(view spoiler)
-(view spoiler)
-(view spoiler)

Jennifer | 378 comments So, I am all caught up on this series, and am impatiently waiting for the release of book 5 which is soon!

That being said, I loved book one. I easily fell in love with Thomas as well as a bunch of other characters in this book. I really enjoyed the world building and the "alternate universe." I also love libraries so...yeah.
And to all of your spoilers Melanie - Yes!, YES!!! (this acolyte is seriously my favorite!!!), AHHH!!!, So many things I want to say but since I've read ahead I cannot!!!!
And P.S. I am neither confirming nor denying your predictions...

message 4: by Melanie, the 8th (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie | 1079 comments Ahhh! So rarely do so many of my predictions come true. Wow!

Around the 2/3 mark, the book gets really exciting and suspenseful, and action-packed, and stays that way through its very engaging ending! I definitely need to continue the series. *Because I totally needed another unfinished series in my TBR*

4.5 stars
YA-MA voters, another great choice :)

Daniela (daniela_roblesf) I quite enjoyed this book. I hope the next books on the series cover the story of the archivist and company. It would be interesting to understand what is sitting on the other side of the coin.

Ashley Marie My copy of the final book in the series is in processing at the library - as soon as that comes in and I blast through it I'll pick this one up again! Should be very soon!

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments I finally got it from the library! Starting now...

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Unfortunately, I didn't like this one at all. The world-building was severely lacking, which is a shame because the concept was really interesting.

Thomas was an infinitely more interesting character than Jess. And I could have done without Morgan completely.