Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! discussion

PIGEONS CAN DRIVE???

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Duckiie i remeber this from 5th grade story time!!! *sigh* Wow I feel OLD nowz... XP

message 2: by Marissa (new)

Marissa this was a terrible BOOK.

Brigid ✩ i think this book is so cute. i read it to my younger siblings all the time :)

message 4: by Marissa (new)

Marissa ugh. its so stupid.

Brandy I think this book is so FUNNY!!! It is one of my all time favorite childrens books.

message 6: by Brookers (new)

Brookers It's a fun book. Not a lot of substance to it, but it's one of the most fun books to read to kids, as long as you throw in lots of expressions and stupid faces! :)

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie Little kids are told "no" all day long. It's no wonder they love this book, where for once *they* get to take the parent's position.

Brenda Lochinger I love how fun this book is.....I also love Don't let the Pigeon Stay Up Late. It so reminds me of trying to get the kids to bed....one excuse after another.

Tiffany Jones My students are huge fans of the Pigeon! A must read for little ones. :)

message 10: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Richard I find myself giggling and gaffawing through all of Mo Willems' books. I'd recommend this to any parent.

message 11: by ada (new) - rated it 5 stars

ada this was a funny book but was kinda stupid...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember this, i font wanna get old :( ;)

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Elephant and Piggie made me laugh despite the fact that I am a teenager and I have no need for early readers but I have to say it was brilliantly written and drawn.

Cryselle I thought this was adorable, my nephews really got the concept that whining was unattractive.

message 15: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree I love Mo Willems! My husband and I read these to our 2 year old with lots of voices and then we talk about the pictures because they are so fun. She always giggles with her hands over her mouth when we read his books. I am beginning to collect them.

message 16: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Marissa wrote: "this was a terrible BOOK."

so not true! this wuz a cute book, not a stupid one man u must out of ur mind if u think this book is stupid (no offense)

message 17: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Cryselle wrote: "I thought this was adorable, my nephews really got the concept that whining was unattractive."

kool

message 18: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Marissa wrote: "this was a terrible BOOK."

u must be out of ur mind if u think this book was stupid. it was cute (no offense)

message 19: by Isa (last edited Apr 13, 2012 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Cryselle wrote: "I thought this was adorable, my nephews really got the concept that whining was unattractive."

funny :)

Pandora One of my favorites for storytime - works even with older kids (third and fourth graders) - everyone loves to say No. This was the book that made me a Mo Williems fan. To be fair to Marissa I wonder if she just the book silently or to a group. It only really works when you have a group of kids saying No.

Shauna All four of my kids adore the pigeon books. They bring them home from the library over & over again. We really get into it when we read it aloud. The love using all the voices and shouting, "NO!" at the pigeon. So funny!

Amanda I like using this book to demonstrate to my 4 year old that no matter what, the answer is still no. When he was younger he would turn to the page when the pigeon flips out and say, "Oh, he is throwing a temper tantrum. That's not nice." A good way to show him through another source inappropriate behavior and how it looks to other people. Then we talk about other ways to ask nicely and that if the answer is no, that's it.

Patti Mo Willems is one of my very favorite children's book authors. We just love to do all of his books at storytimes at our library! ...and the pigeon is always a favorite - the pigeon is just what we all are before the rules of civility embrace us - and that is what the kids love most... he may be a little self-centered but he is honest - and we can all relate to that!

Can pigeons drive ---- can pigs fly ---- oh yeah ---- dream big and make those dreams come true!
Thanks Mo for passing on the dream to our next generation!

Demitria  Lovato i remember this book from kindergarten so cute! long time ago i now feel old

Mariam Marissa wrote: "ugh. its so stupid."

well maybe you are stupid you just don't want to admit it

Mariam i love this book its my fav book in the children library if you can ask anybody they would say a really stupid book

message 27: by Tara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara We read this at school only a couple of weeks ago i think its cute.

Robin Glassey My kids always chose this book for me to read to their class. The kids loved it. It is meant to be silly and I think for this reason children have a lot of fun listening to it or reading it.

Angel Rose It was last month i learned about the pigeon books.It was read to my son at the library and he just loved it.