Prodigal Son (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #1) Prodigal Son discussion

Did you catch it at the end?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mo (new)

Mo At the end of the book Deucalion resides at St Bartholomew's Abby where he has a special friendship with Brother knuckles and has learned much from Sister Angela.... The same place where Odd Thomas resided in Brother Odd and with the same people. Is this a repetative location or a little more to keep us hanging on? Am I missing something or am I right in thinking Koontz doesn't typically carry characters over into other series.

Andrew Gorman Good catch! I failed to make the connection when I finished this.

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat I've not read Odd Thomas yet, but you're obviously an attentive reader!

Robert Williamson I believe Koontz has planted a few crossover things into some of his books. Christopher Snow comes to mind. I read a book with a sweatshirt that said Mystery Train. Can't remember witch one though, I think it might have been anothe Odd Thomas one.

Michele The "Mystery Train" sweatshirt was in "Odd Hours"

Patrice Hoffman I haven't read Odd Thomas but I look forward to seeing the connection. Thanks for this post.

Steven Moonlight Bay makes a reappearance in Odd Interlude as well. Odd Thomas seems to be making inroads to linking the different stories together, it's exciting to see those Easter eggs appear!

Tanya Frolick The Moonlight Bay series, the Odd Thomas series, and the Frankenstein series are all connecting in some way, so I wonder if the main characters will be interacting at some point. What a fun conceit!

Michael Barnett Caught it when he mentions "Brother Knuckles". Not sure if a cross-over is coming or Koontz is just putting in a fun little tidbit.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul St Bart's appears in both the Frankenstein & Odd Thomas series. Odd wears a Mystery Train sweatshirt & a Wyvern ball cap at some point (Moonlight Bay). The carnival where Odd & Story got their "You Are Destined to be Together Forever" prediction from Gypsy Mummy is at the Sombra Brothers carnival, where Slim hid out in Twilight Eyes, which Odd mentions at one point reading, although not by name.

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul I think its just a little shared universe Easter egg thing, similar to the various crossovers in Madeleine L'Engle's work.

Frank Damn I totally missed that