Short Stories & Collections > Gray Matter-NS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
Discuss story here!

message 2: by Tek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tek | 93 comments Creepy as hell!

Kandice | 3915 comments I have this on tape (yes tape!) It sounds even scarier than it reads! That poor, poor little kid...

Kandice | 3915 comments I'll see if I can find it and let you know his name. Maybe he's an actor and you will have heard his voice before. I just remember it totally freaking me out! Same thing with the audio of I Know What You Need...willies, big time!

message 5: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

So it is curious that the man who turns into gray matter is able to not kill his son but will kill everyone else.

message 6: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1095 comments Mod
Rob, I'm with you on that. The stories in this collection are simply little fragments of fright. He cuts to the root of our fears and just scares the shit out of us.....I love it...

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Roberts (michaelroberts) One of my favorite things about King stories in general is that growing sense of dread that he instills in the reader. Things get just a little bit worse at a time, and they get bad after that.

Favorite part of the story is where the dad just sticks his hand out but won't even show the son the rest of himself.

Anna | 64 comments this is creepy--the part that sticks out the most is the description of the dad tearing the wall apart and eating the dead cat--yuck!

message 9: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I feel so bad for the son. He loves his father so he sticks by him as long as possible. I would do the same for my dad.

Rachel | 701 comments Rob wrote: "I dunno. If my dad was a grey blob that ate dead cats, I might have to sever ties...."

What if he didn't eat dead cats?

alicia grant (shesha34) all I can say on this one is eewwwww.

message 12: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Well... I would stand by my dad so long as it wasn't my cats he was eating!

Rachel | 701 comments I didn't specify whose cats! :) alright guys I'm posting here I'm gonna not be around much the next two weeks. Laptop's broken and can't check Goodreads at work.