Night Shift
This topic is about Night Shift
Short Stories & Collections > I am the Doorway-NS

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2568 comments Mod
Discuss story here!

message 2: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Sep 01, 2009 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK so this one totally creeped me out! Alien eyes growing on the man??? And he even burns his hands to stop it.. then they start growing somewhere else! SCARY!

message 3: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1104 comments Mod
Pretty creepy...the first copy I had of this book had this on the cover...

Night Shift by Stephen King

Kandice | 4053 comments That's the exact copy I have. It's gross! Especially because it looks like one of the eyes is where a finger will bend. How the hell does that work? If you touch your eye it's viscously...wet. Gaross!!!!

message 5: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1104 comments Mod
And just imagine picking your nose...

Kandice | 4053 comments What about wiping your behind?

message 7: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

ooohh I love that cover!

Rachel | 701 comments Chris wrote: "Pretty creepy...the first copy I had of this book had this on the cover...

Night Shift by Stephen King"

really creepy story. That cover is the one on the copy of Night Shift sitting on the dashboard of the car in Children of The Corn (the movie)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Roberts (michaelroberts) That cover is freaking hilarious.

I'm a big sci-fi reader, and I started reading King only a few years ago. I was surprised to see some of these sci-fi / fantasy themes come through so strongly in his work. It's a very pleasant surprise, but he definitely takes those themes in a completely different direction than most everything else I'm reading.

message 10: by Tek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tek | 95 comments Really really creeped me out. Theres something about eyes with me. I love them on a person, but too many, not enough...in the wrong places...always creeps me out. There was a movie in the 80's called The Gate, I think, where a kid opens a gateway to hell in his backyard and toward the end theres a demons eye growing out of his hand. Really freaked me out as a kid.

message 11: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is one of those stories I will never forget!

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments This was a great story! One of the creepiest!

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 64 comments I thought the same--why not just poke the eyes...until I read the part where it was painful for him---creepy that he went to the extreme of burning his hands only to have the eyes grow elsewhere...so if he dies will the eyes die with him or keep on growing?

message 14: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

What were the eyes looking for in the first place?

Denise I've got that creepy cover too - eyes give me the shivers so this is the stuff of my nightmares!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "I thought the same--why not just poke the eyes...until I read the part where it was painful for him---creepy that he went to the extreme of burning his hands only to have the eyes grow elsewhere......"

To be Honest for Me, I figured He was going to just end up killing himself.

message 17: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary | 35 comments Rachel wrote: "Chris wrote: "Pretty creepy...the first copy I had of this book had this on the cover...

Night Shift by Stephen King"

really creepy story. That cover is the one on the copy of Night Shift..."

That is interesting. I haven't seen the movie children of the corn yet but when I do I will look for that.

message 18: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary | 35 comments It was pretty creepy having all those eyes and when you looked at them it was like you were also looking back at yourself thru many eyes and even being able to feel what the alien presence was feeling while it was looking back at you. Very surrealistic.

alicia grant (shesha34) I have that cover as well.I am reading this one now and I usually don't care for space or alein themes but i am liking this story so far.

Katarina (katarinaw) | 62 comments Tek wrote: "There was a movie in the 80's called The Gate, I think, where a kid opens a gateway to hell in his backyard and toward the end theres a demons eye growing out of his hand. Really freaked me out as a kid. "

Thank you! I have been trying to remember the name of that movie for ages! Must check if it's available on dvd...