Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Historical PNR or UF?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, genre experts. I require your assistance. LOL

I have been reading the Gardella Vampire series by Colleen Gleason, and I love it. But sadly, I will be finished soon.

Can you guys recommend some other historical UF or PNR?

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Have you read the Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning? Most of those are historical pnr. Right off the top of my head, those are the only ones that I can think of! I typically like to stay with the series set in our time.

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Aug 31, 2009 01:20PM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 208 comments You might like C.C. Finlay's Traitor to the Crown trilogy. It's about Witches who help the colonists fight the British during the American Revolution. It starts with Traitor to the Crown The Patriot Witch

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I tend to not read historical books.. but Brenda Joyce has a series called the Masters of Time and the first book is Dark Seduction. Part of the book takes place in the past, and the very beginning is in the present.

I've only read the first book though, so I'm not sure if the rest of the series continues in the past.

Barb Hendee has a series out that I think is historical. The first book is called Dhampir. But this was more fantasy that UF

That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps :)

message 5: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Aug 31, 2009 09:38PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic This is a werewolf shifter PNR historical series based in Victorian England. LOVED this series and I don't even like historcial romance [I found I need a twist like the paranormal, lol:]

The Dark One is Book #2. Book#1 is in and antho called Midnight Pleasures. The Untamed One Book #3. Love at First Bite contains Book #4. The Cursed One Book #5. I read these all out of order and found that the antho.'s were entertaining but can be skipped. The Wulf brothers in the antho.'s are briefly mentioned but not introduced in Books 2 or 3.

message 6: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Those sound really good. I'll have to add them to my list

message 7: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 208 comments Another trilogy that's come to mind is Nora Roberts Circle trilogy. It's a romance has vampires, witches, shapeshifters, dragons, demons, deities, etc. and takes place in present day and the ancient past. It starts with Morrigan's Cross.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (last edited Sep 01, 2009 07:09AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Have you read Shana Abe's Drakon series? The first book is The Smoke Thief and I loved it to bits.

message 9: by Dorsi (new)

Dorsi (kismet1228) The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon is awesome! It's about time travel. I will warn you though, this book is not a light read. It is quite lengthy but keeps you turning the pages. She has an entire series of 7. The new one comes out soon. I have them all except the new one. I have only read Outlander so far. Can't wait to read the others but I am a book junkie & have so many to read right now!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much! I've added quite a few of these to my TBR list.

message 11: by new_user (last edited Sep 09, 2009 07:52PM) (new)

new_user The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe. Have yet to find anyone who didn't like this series. I also enjoyed Touch of the Wolf, if you're interested in the commanding, alpha aristocrat slash wolf. :D

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Night Falls Darkly by Kim Lenox, and it's very good. Sexy PNR set in Victorian England with hot immortals who reclaim souls to hell. Really enjoying it.