Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > The Stupidest Angel-(SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Discuss The Stupidest Angel A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0 by Christopher Moore here!

Feel free to discuss specifics. :)

Did you enjoy reading it?
Should others read it?
What was the best and worst thing about the book?
etc...

message 2: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, despite being quite certain these character have been is prior books. It was not a problem dropping into their world. Also, I am not a Christian, but still found it to be a fun and heartwarming (yes) story.

How can you beat it? Child witnessing the murder of Santa, an angel raising zombies, woman off her medication, a talking fruitbat.

I had read

Lamb The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal quite a while back, but did remember Raziel from that story.

I think the book was the right length, the right pace, and spot-on in humor level. I did not dislike anything about the book.

I loved all of the characters. Roberto was so cool. I am pretty sure there must be another book about him and Tucker. I am going to look for it.

message 3: by Melissa (last edited Sep 01, 2009 06:53AM) (new)

Melissa This was the first book I read by Moore and I was an immediate fan. I've now read everything by him and I'd say this is still at the top of my favorite list. I love his humor and writing style. I agree with the comment that you can drop right in even though there are recurring characters. I actually just recently read the book where the fruitbat is originally introduced and it was fun to flashback to this book.

The book with Tucker and the fruitbat is Island of the Sequined Love Nun.

message 4: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta Thank you for the book information, Melissa.

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments I loved this book! I will have to re-read before I comment though...I read it quite a while ago...

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) I read this awhile ago too. It was also my first Moore book and turned me into an instant fan of his. His humor is just so out there and whacky. He can take the oddest things and make them funny.

He does have reoccurring characters in all his books, but it's not necessary to read his books in order to get the gist of it unless its part of a series like Bloodsucking Fiends and You Suck A Love Story.

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments Agreed. ONe of my favorite books by Moore is A Dirty Job. Oh how I laughed!

message 8: by Elena (new)

Elena I started reading the book yesterday. My first M. Moore one and I'll put more on my to-read list. I had picked his books before at the book store and I had put them back. Finally made my mind to read one, thanks to GR :)

It is really a fun, easy read. I think his books will be perfect for in between some of the heavy reading I do.

I like the fact that his jokes are from present time situation/things, and they are not vulgar.

message 9: by Adam (new)

Adam Franklin | 7 comments I read this book awhile ago - (Christmas time last year) I wasn't thrilled by it but didn't hate it either. My favorite Moore book is "Dirty Jobs" and I think I've had problems finding another one of his that I "connect with" - I didn't like the one about Christ and Biff and could not make it through Fool at all. But this one I did read all the way through and wasn't sorry I did just not thrilled either.

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Stupidest Angel was my first Moore book and it was the one that really turned me onto him. I loved Dirty Jobs, Lamb and Bite Me. Fool sucked big time. I was majorly disappointed because I was looking forward to it. I also did not like The Island of Sequined Love Nun....it was okay and had it's funny moments but nothing like his other stuff.