Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
City of Bones > City of Bones movie

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer (javallone23) | 20 comments What do we think about this series possibly becoming a movie? Cassandra Clare mentioned on her blog
(http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...) that this series might possible become a movie. She stated, "Now, a book series being optioned doesn't mean a film is being made right now or is definitely going to be made at all — it means that the studio or production company in question is developing the books as a film project"

I think it would totally awesome if this series was a movie! I loved the whole thing and would love to see it on the big screen. I would just hope it wouldn't ruin the story at all.

Lisa marie (marie_virtuoso) | 1 comments part of me wants to see this book that i enjoyed so much be turned into a movie and watch it all played out in front of me, but at the same time i feel it would ruin the book. some stuff just doesnt look good on film but does in print . i feel this is the case with the mortal instruments thrilogy. i honestly think it would seem very stupid and cheesy on screen. maybe im wrong. id love for me to be wrong,either way it would still be very cool if they did make it a movie

message 3: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Ohhh! Neat!

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I think it would make an amazing movie if they got it right ... I've heard that someone who helped make the LOTR movies is going to do the mortal instruments movie, but idk if that's true.

Jennifer (javallone23) | 20 comments That's what I heard too. I think if it's someone who helped with LOTR.. it would be pretty good :-)

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah totally! i really hope that it's true ... XD

Kate (katemreads) | 5 comments I'm really excited for the movie! But it's coming out in 2012 :( Such a long wait.

Petrina Wong | 7 comments I wouldn't mind watching a movie version, but it kinda worries me... I don't want people to start turning against the books. Or, let's just say, if the movie didn't do justice, I wouldn't want people to watch it, then instantly judge the book and say that it's bad!! ok, sorry if this sounds confusing :S

Jazmyn | 26 comments A City of Bones movie would be soo awesome! The books are great, and seeing them played out on screen would be oh-so amazing!

The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz (smoocy) | 16 comments oooooh i hope so as i love the immortal instruments

my blog

Jacque (JackJack) | 6 comments OH EM GEEZ!!!! There should totally be a movie! That would make the mortal instruments complete! This is one of, if not my favorite, series that I have read. Id die to see it on the big screen!

Jamie (jamie_leigh) | 6 comments I would LOVE a movie, but not if C(K)atherine Hardwicke is slated to direct the first film. LOL

It's a great series w a lot of onscreen potential for excitement and drama.

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 19 comments There is a film coming on. Cast: Jace Wayland- Jamie Campbell Bower (New Moon- played Alec) Clary Fray- Lily Collins (The Blind side- Collins Tuohy) thats all so far. Apparently Xavier Samuel may land the role for Jace. But Cassandra really liked Jamie Campbell

message 14: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finally we have a trailer!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc4CiT...

Priscila | 4 comments Can't wait to see the movie :)
Although, I'm not so crazy about their choice of actor for Jace

message 16: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I actually enjoyed the movie. I know it wasn't as big of hit as they thought it was going to be but it was still enjoyable. I am glad to see that they are moving forward with the 2nd movie.

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) I liked the movie, as far as adaptations it wasn't too bad.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 16 comments I just watched the movie, I liked that it was close to the book, not sure how I feel about Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine.

message 19: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 38 comments I loved the movie. Except Valentine was all wrong.

message 20: by peachy (new)

peachy (talarose) | 4 comments I recently watched the movie. I haven't read the book yet but I do plan to.

Bronia | 18 comments I didnt like that they revealed such a big secret in the first movie! that jace wasn't really clarys brother! I had to wait for three books to find out that wasnt true and in the film they just gave it in the first one! thought that was a letdown

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Yeah but they did it so non book fans wouldn't freak out about incest. I wish they hadn't done that either.

message 23: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bronia wrote: "I didnt like that they revealed such a big secret in the first movie! that jace wasn't really clarys brother! I had to wait for three books to find out that wasnt true and in the film they just gav..."

Yes I have to agree with that! They revealed it sooo fast. I assume it was so people weren't grossed out by incest too.

Isabelle (astarte_273) | 3 comments The movie was ok. I didn't like the fact that Valentine called demons in the only building where demons could not come.

Sarah | 2 comments I just watched the move one more time to capture the compared scenes in the book too. I like how the quotes from the book is said in the movie too. I was hoping for it to be a TV show but then realized that it would just be impossible. But I had some hope. It's still great though. The movie was breath-taking, and my favorite thing was that the casting choices were probably exactly what I was hoping for. It was just perfect. I just hated the fact that some very important events that happened in the book didn't take place in the movie. *sad face*, but it was still cool!

message 26: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers soooo much. I was glad he was cast in the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4s808...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't think that the movie was as good as the book. Some parts in the movie weren't in the book, so I got a little confused. The cast was okay, but I think that Clary's hair needed to be more visibly red and I thought that Jace looked nothing like I imagined him.

message 28: by Jameth15 (last edited Jan 21, 2015 06:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jameth15 | 13 comments I have to agree with Haley. The book was way better than the movie. And also I agree that her hair should have been redder than it was, and the only characters I think they got right was Simon and Magnus. the rest looked nothing like I pictured them. Perfect example of the saying "don't judge a book by it's movie."

Frogotron | 4 comments Having recently watched the movie, I have to say I thought it was terrible. The dialogue was cheesy, Jace had the most annoying voice ever and Valentine...he had... DREADLOCKS!

Frogotron | 4 comments Having recently watched the movie, I have to say I thought it was terrible. The dialogue was cheesy, Jace had the most annoying voice ever and Valentine...he had... DREADLOCKS!

Frogotron | 4 comments Why on earth did that last comment post twice?

message 32: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 38 comments Goodreads knows it was an awesome comment. ;) Now I want to watch the movie again.