A Crack in the Edge of the World A Crack in the Edge of the World discussion

Book Club Questions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Does anyone have discussion questions for use in a book club about A Crack in the edge of World? I have a few, but I'm looking for some more help for an upcoming book club meeting.

Thanks!

David Vanness Does the info lead one to believe they should sell their California real estate? [Nevada property might be seaside soon. I have a lot of family in CA.]

Steve Don't sell your CA property, just be ready to change the name of the city you might live in to San Fran Angelis.

message 4: by Ted (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ted Smith Sea level rise makes most of Florida a riskier investment than California.

message 5: by Denise (last edited Dec 10, 2012 01:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise No place is safe from earthquakes, just some places are a little more "predictable."

A discussion question could be around what readers plan to do to be prepared for the next major Cali. quake. If it is better to focus more on the book's contents: What, if anything, can be learned from the S.F. culture that allowed rushed building without much foresight? Did the dramatic decrease in deaths from the 1989 earthquake as compared to 1906, despite the collapse and reclaimed land problems, mean that S.F. is as safe as can be expected?