The Lion's Game The Lion's Game discussion

Terrorism and revenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aswan24518 (last edited Mar 13, 2008 01:10PM) (new)

Aswan24518 This is one of the most frightening revenge sceneriors about which I have ever read. It has your attention from the first paragraph and leaves you with some very thought provoking issues at the end. Easy to read and difficult to put down.

Melissa Marlow I completely agree. I actually liked two other books writen by Nelson Demille. Night Flight, which really leaves you thinking at the end and I do love the character Cory.
If you like the way he writes you could try Spencerville, which was pretty intense also, but the ending is disterbing.
Good luck with the reads

Anne This book keeps me on the edge of my seat! real page turner. Mr. DeMille brought us to the world of anti-terrorist task force and he introduced us to the mind of the terrorist. Asad Khalil's story was both frightening and heartbreaking.

message 4: by K (new) - rated it 4 stars

K D Aswan24518 wrote: "This is one of the most frightening revenge sceneriors about which I have ever read. It has your attention from the first paragraph and leaves you with some very thought provoking issues at the en..."

By far the most frightening scenes, and oh so real. It's quite haunting and unnerving actually. Very well written, front to back.

Giovan This has got to be the best book i have ever read in my life.

Becky Boxberger The dual point of view style of this story makes The Lion's Game the most interesting of the Demille stories I have read. Although I read it several years ago, my mind was constantly referencing actual incidences of terrorism. I gained a better understanding of jihad and what drives people brought up in this environment of hatred against people not of their same cultural beliefs. Fascinating and terrifying, I would recommend this read to everyone.

Anne Becky wrote: "The dual point of view style of this story makes The Lion's Game the most interesting of the Demille stories I have read. Although I read it several years ago, my mind was constantly referencing ac..."

I agree. I would recommend this to everyone.

Gwenn This book came highly recommended, and it did not disappoint. It bothered me that the Lion could kill so many people before the pieces were put together. I guess it troubled me because I think the ploy could be used by today's terrorist. Next reading the sequel - "The Lion".