Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments I know the name sounds corky... but this movie is hillarious!!! The actors are the following characters: Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris) Captain Hammer ( my personal fav, Nathan Fillion) and Penny ( Felicia Day) Have you seen it?

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments Nathan - I've seen this & completely loved it for it's sense of fun ... I'm such a big Joss Whedon fan ... and I'm brave (some say stoopid) enough to admit (loudly & proudly) I loved Buffy, loved Angel, loved Firefly ... and Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog felt very familiar

message 3: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 318 comments I just got the DVD, with the Musical commentary as well as a real commentary, and some other special bits. I hope there's a sequel, I heard rumors of one.

message 4: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments Amazon tells me that my copy of the DVD is on its way. I failed to catch it when Joss and Neil decided to put it on the internet. Sam, I, too am a Joss fan. I watched all of Buffy and Angel, and then I was one of the three people who watched Firefly while it was actually on Fox. I'm a Dollhouse fan, and am really looking forward to its return in the fall. My season 1 DVDs are coming in the same shipment as Dr. Horrible.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments Myra - i am sooooo jealous you've seen Dollhouse ... unfortunately, being that i live at the end of the earth (so it seems) i haven't been able to catch any episodes as yet ... maybe i too need to turn to the mighty Amazon!

it's off topic (but i so often am) favourite Buffy episode?

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 51 comments Dr. Horrible is so wonderful. I actually owen the CD and sing it while cleaning the kitchen all the time! Its been a great pick me up! (odd I know!) Joss is a genius I so far have loved all his series and am so glad Dollhouse is still around!

message 7: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 318 comments To see Dollhouse you can go to Hulu.com and search for it. Or at least you could. That's how I watched all the episodes last year.

I'm working on memorizing all the words to the commentary. Already know the show itself.

message 8: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments Fox has the Dollhouse episodes on their website, too. The series got started kind of slow, but improved as the season progressed. I'm looking forward to seeing the 13th episode that never aired!

Hmmm. Favorite Buffy episode. I'm a Spike fan so just about anything with Spike in it. The series finale was really great, I thought.

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments so so so so with you on Spike .... all that lovely confict when he got
the chip ... his affair with the buffster .. and his accent did funny things to my knees ;o)

thanks for the pointers on dollhouse guys - I'll hafta see if I can squeeze some viewing in this weekend

message 10: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments Sam, have you seen the Torchwood episodes that James Marsden was in? He played a time agent that Captain Jack had had a previous relationship with. Good stuff!

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky | 51 comments Those Torchwood episodes cracked me up, I was so excited because poor James Marsden will always be Spike to me!

message 12: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments I love this movie!! I also have the soundtrack on my mp3 player!! Neil PAtrick Harris has a gorgeous voice!!!! I really like Nathan Fillion too!

message 13: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments My copy arrived last Friday, and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. My 5 year old grandson kept me busy all weekend. When he's here, all we watch is Spongebob Squarepants! Can't wait to have some time to watch Dr. Horrible!

message 14: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta I am on a waiting list with the library. If it is as good as it sounds, I am going to buy it.

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments i've got it on my iPhone (gosh i love my iPhone) ... and i watch it regularly ...

love "on the rise" and "it's a brand new day" ...

and the groupies make me laugh (we do the weird stuff!) ...

Favourite Captain Hammer line? ... "...the hammer is my penis..."

ha!

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky | 51 comments Sam, "Favourite Captin Hammer line" Have you watched the commentary, where they make Nathon Fillion say that line over and over and over??? I was practically on the floor laughing

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments too funny Becky - no i haven't seen it ... awh

message 18: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 318 comments The real benefit to the DVD is the two commentaries, one a musical all by itself, the other a real commentary on the show. The extras are fun too.

message 19: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments Becky wrote: "Sam, "Favourite Captin Hammer line" Have you watched the commentary, where they make Nathon Fillion say that line over and over and over??? I was practically on the floor laughing"

I watched the commentary... but all I wanted to do was watch the movie but the actors were talking about it. Hey has any one seen Firefly?

message 20: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 318 comments Firefly
Serenity
and Buffy Season 7

message 21: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments Ive seen firefly and serenity.... never seen buffy the vamp slayer.

message 22: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments My first exposure to Nathan Fillion was on One Life To Live when he was playing Joey Buchanan. My daughter tells me that if I like NF I should watch Slither. Has anyone seen that? I haven't yet, but am curious.

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky | 51 comments Never heard of slither, but loved him on Firefly, and love him in Castle! His character on Buffy was creepy though!

message 24: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 318 comments In Buffy S7 he played a woman-hating priest who was a willing servany of the First, the immortal spirit of Evil. Very creepy character.
In Slither, he plays a sherrif of a small town where aliens have landed and start taking over, one body at a time. The aliens are little wormy things. Cool movie.

message 25: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments Becky wrote: "Never heard of slither, but loved him on Firefly, and love him in Castle! His character on Buffy was creepy though!
"

I love him in firefly!!! Hes the best!!! the episode Out of Gas was so depressing!!! I almost choked up!

message 26: by Myra (new)

Myra | 123 comments Thanks for the comments on Slither, Marc. I guess I need to rent this and watch. I've liked NF in everything else, so I expect nothing less from this.