♪MUSIC♫ discussion

Is there a singer than inspires you?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anony-miss (last edited Sep 05, 2009 07:23AM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 240 comments Doesn't matter if it's a band or singer. Who inspires you?

My favorite singer would probably be Liv Kristine. I love her haunting, chilling, somewhat-melancholic voice. I rarely listen to anything with a female vocalist ..

I used to be scared to sing. But for some reason, Liv's role in the band Theatre of Tragedy is quite inspiring to me.

*shrugs* You might have a different story than mine.

message 2: by Yui, The ipod lover (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) | 252 comments Mod
Hmm
Simon Cowell, if he counts as a singer. He has taught me to TOUGHEN UP

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

korn.... all of their songs reminds me of well... me!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

My Chem and Basshunter (They're a European band) My Chem is just such sad yet intergetic music, it teaches me to appreciate life, and Basshunter helps me understand that not just America listens to music. There are thousands of countries with millions or billions of teens that listen to music after school while doing their hw and eating sweets for an after school snack, but they just have different languages and cultures. DotA by Basshunter is right here, it's my fave song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_TV0...

message 5: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 240 comments I've heard of Basshunter . .

I love DotA. (And Anna Botten)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

DotA is awesome. nd so is Toxic by Blowsight...its the rock version of Toxic by britney spears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AeohV...

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 59 comments I think Cherie Currie is just the best. Lead singer for the all girl group the Runaways.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Matthew Bellamy of Muse is a HUGE inspiration. Even the band's name gives it away. Muse.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 08, 2009 08:53PM) (new)

Paramore. I find their whole story very inspiring, and i really respect how they don't write easy pop songs that will sell. I respect all bands that don't sellout, even at
When they get popular. But overall, Paramore has clearly changed, and it shows through their music, in a amazing way

(in case you cant tell, I'm a big fan of album #3)

message 10: by Guitarded8688 (new)

Guitarded8688 | 7 comments ronnie james dio. he's just such a powerful vocalist, with a voice begging to have a heavy guitar line behind it. best rock singer. i also like bruce dickinson from iron maiden. his style is just so unique and fits maiden perfectly, and it practically defines them. another is phil anselmo from pantera. he can go from a falsetto scream to a low growl to a just pure clean voice in an instant. very versatile

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

All six of the beatles (john lennon, paul mccartney, ringo starr, george harrison, peter best, and stuart sutcliffe)

message 12: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 59 comments Hayley Williams defiantly inspires me. I just got into them (I bought Riot! for half off at a Christmas sale at Hot Topic)

message 13: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) Rihanna She is so awesome!

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) Geoff Tate lead singer of Queensryche, he is the best rock singer ever!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, but u know I gotta say something about the Beatles :) theyinspire peace & love & grand thoughts and such, and Ive been lots calmer since I got in2 stuff like that.

message 16: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) Lol same 4 mee. =D

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments Miranda Lambert, Paramore, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Jack's Mannequin, I could go on!

message 18: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniegudenkauf) | 2 comments Never Shout Never and Christofer Drew. He's all about peace, love, animal rights, etc. Love him & listen to him all the time!

message 19: by Engine Driver (new)

Engine Driver (clairdelune) | 3 comments Ian Curtis of Joy Division. Something about Ian Curtis's charisma on stage and his cutting lyrics really stirs my soul. Whenever I sink into his melodies I feel the nerves tingling in my fingertips.

message 20: by Engine Driver (new)

Engine Driver (clairdelune) | 3 comments I agree, although I am also a huge fan of Joan Jett.

Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "I think Cherie Currie is just the best. Lead singer for the all girl group the Runaways."

message 21: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) Anna wrote: "Never Shout Never and Christofer Drew. He's all about peace, love, animal rights, etc. Love him & listen to him all the time!"

I <3333 HIM! i also like Hayley Williams && Paramore! ^-^ theyy rock lol

message 22: by Anony-miss (last edited Jun 11, 2010 08:55AM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 240 comments I love Joy Divison! Too bad about Ian .. they were starting to get popular :( Amazing band, I'm actually listening to "Shadowplay" right now, haha.

They left an amazing mark in the world of music, in my opinion.

I love HIM to death!!! (Sorry for enthusiasm, lol) Probably one of my favorite bands next to The Rasmus .. and who can't help but to fall in love with the dark/poetic Ville Valo?

message 23: by Fizza (new)

Fizza (fizzyface) It HAS to be coldplay. Their songs are beautiful! I especially love paradise.