The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Cell Phones and Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wallace (new)

Wallace I've seen all the episodes more than once, and just realized that I am either less observant than I thought, or else this (what would seem like very obvious fact) was excluded from the series.

Do they ever mention what Rory's very favorite book is???

If you've caught that information, will you post it here. If you know the episode, will you also post that?

ALSO, Christopher got Rory a Sidekick in season 6, but then she continues to use her old phone until the end of the series (but also her sidekick occasionally). Again, am I just being unobservant or is this true? Just wondering because it seems weird to have named an entire episode after the sidekick, but then not use it on the show?

message 2: by Misty (new)

Misty | 22 comments I've seen them all multiple times, and I think you're right on both counts. I know she pushes certain books on people, so they could be favorites (the first I remember being pushed was The Fountainhead), but I don't think 1 fave was ever mentioned.
And the sidekick thing seemed like product placement to me...

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 14 comments Actually, I remember Rory saying in one episode that Anna Karenina was her favorite book. She said this to Dean.

message 4: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 32 comments Yeah I remember when she was just meeting him she told him that her favorite book was Anna Karenina. it was so cute the way he responded :)

message 5: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn Are you guys sure she didn't say it was just "one of" her favorite books? That's how I remember it, but of course I could be wrong. In which episode did she say it?

I know it's a silly thing to be picky about, but I figure this is probably an okay place to be picky. :-P

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 14 comments Kaitlyn wrote: "Are you guys sure she didn't say it was just "one of" her favorite books? That's how I remember it, but of course I could be wrong. In which episode did she say it?

I know it's a silly thing to be..."

You're right. I just looked back at the episode, which is the 16th of the 1st season, and she did say it was "one of" her favorite books. And yes, this is an okay place to be picky. :]

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments I remember Rory saying Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka was her favorite. She wants to give this book to Dean for Christmas, but Lane told her not to.

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 14 comments Rory also said in a Season 7 episode that Charlotte's Web was one of her favorite books.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 72 comments The only one I can think of off the top of my head was Anna Karenina, when she had Dean read it.

And he did.

What a boss :) <3