Play Book Tag discussion

Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park, #1)
This topic is about Jurassic Park
Archive: Other Books > Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1383 comments Paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant, his student Ellie Sattler and mathematician In Malcolm are taken to Isla Nublar to check out an island park they spent a little bit of time helping plan. Upon arrival they learn they parks owner has come up with a way to clone dinosaurs and now they want to make sure the park is safe. The first 100 pages were a bit slow but then the pace picked up. I was rather annoyed by Lexi, the granddaughter of the park owner. She;s supposed to be nine but acts like she's three. It was interesting to see the differences between the book and the movie.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7480 comments One of my favorite books of all time. And, despite the differences, I love the movie too!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5108 comments I thought the ending of the book was just chilling. I remember it every time I see bird flying in formation.

message 4: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa | 5162 comments Loved this book! And that whole scene in the 'aviary' -- I had nightmares for weeks!

I also love the movies, especially the first one. That scene when they arrive on the island and get their first sight of living dinosaurs is just beautiful film-making.

message 5: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3642 comments I really enjoyed this, which surprised me as it's not my normal genre. I think almost every review I've read of it mentions that the granddaughter is annoying, lol.