Dumbledore's Army discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed and ArchivedTopics > Sweeney Todd

Comments Showing 1-50 of 445 (445 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Casey (new)

Casey ok ive gotten people talking about Mr.Todd, so instead of overflowing those other topics, do it in this one

I LOVE THE MOVIE

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I love the movie and the stage version! But as I've said before, the stage version is much, much better.

So, what did you think of the ending?

message 3: by Casey (new)

Casey i knew a little kid killed sweeney, i just didnt know how. poor toby

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments It's really sad considering that now he's pretty much doomed to Bedlam, now. :(

What's your favorite song?

message 5: by Casey (new)

Casey either worst pies in london or epiphany. what about you?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments A Little Priest, God That's Good! (stage version only. It's so much better with a chorus), Pirelli's Miracle Elixir, and Epiphany

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Have you started thinking of all the ways it's ironic like me Asiyah did? I was so happy to find out that I'm not the only one who did that.

message 8: by Casey (new)

Casey ummm no, ive just been totally obbsessed lol

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments OK, oh well. I always found doing that fun.

Who was your favorite actor in it?

message 10: by Casey (new)

Casey do u really want me to decide? lol
johnney depp is mah favorite actor of all time and helen bon carter is my favorite actress of all time. dont make me decide!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Wow...you just named my two least favorite. Not that they were bad. They were fantastic! I just liked the others better. :D

Alan Rickman is one of the best Judges I've ever seen, and none of the stage actors can hit Pirelli's high note as the movie actor.

And I've been using Jamie Campbell Bower (cute, cute Anthony) in my mental castings of various musicals. When I've bored, I imagine which actors would best fit the different characters, and I'm picturing him in *a lot* of shows.

message 12: by Casey (new)

Casey -.-

message 13: by Casey (new)

Casey this is my awesome sweeney todd group! join!!! there are still a few characters lefT!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I don't like roleplays. :P

message 15: by Casey (new)

Casey its a fan club too, not just rp!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I joined! I'm making a poll.

message 17: by Casey (new)

Casey XD kewl! answer the one i made too! and feel free to make topics and ask me for a folder for something! dont be shy to post either! and if the time comes and u want to join the rp go ahead!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I did! I burst out singing "Epiphany"!

message 19: by Casey (new)

Casey lol! i picked, yes, how about a shave

message 20: by Casey (new)

Casey werent u going to make a poll?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I just posted it. :D

message 22: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 1972 comments Mod
Sweeney, Never Forget, Never Forgive wrote: "i knew a little kid killed sweeney, i just didnt know how. poor toby"

Wait. I KID killed Sweeny????

message 23: by Casey (new)

Casey yep

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Tiffany wrote: "Sweeney, Never Forget, Never Forgive wrote: "i knew a little kid killed sweeney, i just didnt know how. poor toby"

Wait. I KID killed Sweeny????"

He's only a kid in the movie version, though. In the stage version, he is a mentally challenged adult.

message 25: by Casey (new)

Casey oh..... he's better as a kid.....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Not when Neil Patrick Harris is Toby.

message 27: by Casey (new)

Casey .....

message 28: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 1972 comments Mod
k... Casey, you confused me for a while by becoming the Mad Hatter...

message 29: by Casey (new)

Casey lol

message 30: by Casey (new)

Casey i saw POTO, sweeney todd is so much better, the only part i liked about POTO was the very end with the flower

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments ☠Casey☠ wrote: "i saw POTO, sweeney todd is so much better, the only part i liked about POTO was the very end with the flower"

I'd love the see the chandelier scene on stage. It would be so impressive to see live. Like how I'd imagine that in Rebecca, when they set the stage on fire, it would be so much more impressive to see it live than just in a movie. I mean, things are set on fire in movies all the time. Not nearly as often as on stage.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Which Sweeney's hair did you think was poofy? The stage or the movie Sweeney?

And you *have* to see a live performance of something! Movies and youtube clips, although helpful in finding musicals and seeing many different actors, are absolutely nothing compared to being in a theatre seeing a show. Trust me, seeing a live show is absolutely amazing.

I'm watching the rest of the Hungarian Romeo and Juliet musical. Romeo is about to die. :'( Wah! I love this Romeo so much!

message 33: by Casey (new)

Casey ....
The movie sweeneys hair is poofy.....

And awesome...

and played by Johnny Depp...

message 34: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments JOHNNY DEPP!!!

sweet.

message 35: by Casey (new)

Casey very

message 36: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments !!!!

message 37: by Casey (new)

Casey XD
both are awesome and make my mouth drop...

im going to see ed wood (*lights a hat on fire* OOO A PRETTY SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!) and sleepy hollow, soon

message 38: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments oh guess what i'm eating??

clue: Dumbledore's fave.

message 39: by Casey (new)

Casey lemon gum drops

thats a random fact i remember

message 40: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments not gum...just a lemon drop
"it's a muggle candy i enjoy..."

i was reading the dumbledore thread, and that jake freak makes me SO FRIGGIN MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 41: by Casey (new)

Casey ....
he left any-who

message 42: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments yeah luckily he's not part of the group now...
otherwise i would give him a PIECE OF MY MIND!!!!!!!
*slams fist into hand, goes to find jake the beep*

sorry. a bit stirred up.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Lemon drops?

And Casey, the stage Sweeney's hair is more realistic. It's a bit more like what a 19th century barber would look like, although Len Cariou's hair (the original Sweeney) is the most accurate. Unfortunately, the only videos available of Len Cariou are really, really fuzzy bootlegs.

message 44: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments anyhoo.

message 45: by Casey (new)

Casey Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Lemon drops?

And Casey, the stage Sweeney's hair is more realistic. It's a bit more like what a 19th century barber would look like, although Len Cariou's hair (the original Sweeney) is the mo..."

and since whenever i cared that things wouldnt look realistic...?

message 46: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Lemon drops?

And Casey, the stage Sweeney's hair is more realistic. It's a bit more like what a 19th century barber would look like, although Len Cariou's hair (the original Sweeney) is the mo..."

*nods*

Lemon drops.

*puts another in mouth*

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments True. And not everything that I like is all that realistic. I think maybe I've just watched too many clips of stage musicals. The energy gets addicting, and it makes everything else seem so boring.

Like how I just finished the Hungarian Romeo and Juliet, which was beyond amazing...so much energy! Afterwards, I went to watch the French version, and I swear, I was going to fall asleep! It was a lot subtler, but it didn't have the raw power of the Hungarian.

The more of this story is that stage productions have more energy than movies, and I like things with more energy. Of course, not every likes the energetic performances better. Some people prefer quiet acting. *bursts into song* But "some people" ain't me!

message 48: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments *puts on staw hat*

but i'm not everybody...

*takes a looooooong draw from corn cob pipe*

can i join your band of robbers tom?

message 49: by Casey (new)

Casey oh i like stage acting too! i just like the movie better

message 50: by Zoë the Awesome (new)

Zoë the Awesome (malfoy_luver) | 472 comments HELLO? Anyone listening?

*holds up dead cat*

it's good for warts.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.