Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Kimberley's 50 + 2010

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Number 55.Just finished Mine by Robert McCammom. I could not put it down. A new mom searches for her newborn and the madwoman who has stolen him. A fast paced chase across America.

message 2: by Kimberley (last edited Aug 30, 2009 01:19PM) (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments I'm on a roll...Number 56, The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf.

message 3: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Number 57. The Shipping News by Annie Proulx I'll be looking for more of her writing. What a wonderful book.

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaglenn) | 590 comments I started reading it Shipping News last night. We are having a book to film series of book discussion and film discussions at our library and this is book 2.

message 5: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Sheila wrote: "I started reading it Shipping News last night. We are having a book to film series of book discussion and film discussions at our library and this is book 2."

Sheila,
There is a movie of The Shipping News?

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaglenn) | 590 comments Kimberley wrote: "Sheila wrote: "I started reading it Shipping News last night. We are having a book to film series of book discussion and film discussions at our library and this is book 2."

Sheila,
There is a mov..."

Yes, starring Kevin Spacey and Judi Dench. It is great and I am looking forward to seeing it again with the discussion group.

message 7: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Sheila wrote: "Kimberley wrote: "Sheila wrote: "I started reading it Shipping News last night. We are having a book to film series of book discussion and film discussions at our library and this is book 2."

Shei..."

Sheila,
Thank you for the info. I just put it on my Netflix.
Kimberley

message 8: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments I loved the part in the book where they are all drunk and trash the sailboat the night before he is to leave them all. I haven't read it in a long time but the characters were so vivid to me. I haven't seen the movie - I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the book.

message 9: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaglenn) | 590 comments I loved the movie and do not think you would be disappointed.

message 10: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Molly wrote: "I loved the part in the book where they are all drunk and trash the sailboat the night before he is to leave them all. I haven't read it in a long time but the characters were so vivid to me. I h..."

Oh, yes! I felt soooo sorry for him.

message 11: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 45. Kraken- China Mieville
Didn't really like this one at all. Perdido Street Station and The City and The City were great. This one- not so much...

message 12: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 46. High Five- Janet Evanovich

message 13: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 47. Wolf Hall- Hilary Mantel

message 14: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 48. Hot Six- Janet Evanovich

message 15: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 49. The Postmistress- Sarah Blake
50. Best Friends Forever- Jennifer Weiner

Made It!!! Now on to the next...

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Whoot! Whoot! Congrats on your achievement.

message 17: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 51. The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise- Julia Stuart
52. In The Woods- Tana French

message 18: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Donna wrote: "Whoot! Whoot! Congrats on your achievement."

Thanks, Donna:) How are you doing?

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Meandering towards 75. Autumn fell so my primordial brain is trying to hibernate: more sleep, less reading.

message 20: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 53. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
54. Seven Up

message 21: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 55. Snow in August- Pete Hamill I just love this author! He makes the city of New York come alive for people like me who only visit occasionally.

message 22: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 56. 9 Dragons- Michael Connelly
Good solid detective story. First time reading this author. I'll go back to him again.

message 23: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 57. Death Masks- Jim Butcher

message 24: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 58. Fly Away Home- Jennifer Weiner

message 25: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 59. The Rosetti Letter- Christi Phillips
Wonderful read. A two-pronged time romp through Venice, including an actual historical event- The Spanish Conspiracy.

message 26: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 60. Dead in the Family- Charlaine Harris

message 27: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments 61. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie- Alan Bradley
62. Afterlife- Guy Smith
63. Shakespeare's Trollop- Charlaine Harris