Out Of The Ashes Warriors Rp discussion

The Fall of The Clans > Backstory

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (last edited Aug 29, 2009 12:08PM) (new)

Syeira-la | 248 comments Mod
Lightdapple licked her one kit vigorously, smiling at his protesting squeaks. Her son, Eaglekit, was only one moon old and growing like a tiger. He knew that someday he would be a great warrior, just like his father had been.

Lightdapple frowned, her eyes shadowed, as she remembered her mate. Her mate had been a powerful tom, a great warrior, and an even better mate. She had loved him so much, but one day he had stumbled into camp gravely injured, and died soon after. His dying words haunted her, making her shiver in the warm Greenleaf air.

“Beware…Shade,” he had gasped before dying at her paws. Lightdapple knew he had had a secret, too, because there was something else. He had accidentally mentioned a brother once, long ago. His name had been Shade, hadn’t it?

Her mate hadn’t been born in Thunderclan, he had been born a rogue. Him and his brother Shade. But Shade…he never spoke of him. He said he had travelled here alone as a kit, but then he had slipped and mentioned a brother. Lightdapple hadn’t seen this, as she had just been born at the time, but it just didn’t add up.

She left her kit in another queen’s care, suddenly troubled by the mystery. She padded into the medicine cat den. Maybe Cloudmist would know something about this. She entered the medicine cat den to see Cloudmist sorting herbs. He lifted his head when she entered and smiled.

“Hello, Lightdapple,” he meowed.

“Hello,” she answered. Cloudmist was a very, very light gray tom who age was just starting to touch. His muzzle had darker gray hair fringing it now and there was a slight sag to his body, but he was a great medicine cat, wise and true.

“I have something to ask you about. I want to know about when Blazestorm, my mate, came to the clan. Was there another kit with him?”

“Well, yes,” Cloudmist answered, his expression guarded. “Why do you want to know?”

“I…well, I was wondering about what he said to me before he died. It had something to do with that.”
He relaxed. “I’m sorry, Lightdapple. But his brother, the kit who came with him, well….you’ll see. Blazestorm arrived one leaf-bare when we were doing quite well. I had just received my medicine cat name when Blazestorm dashed in, a black kit behind him.

“’We need help,’ he squeaked desperately. The black kit nodded with him. ‘Our mom died and we barely know how to hunt.’ Redstar heard the commotion and came out. He spoke to the kits, asking what their names were. Blazestorm announced himself as Blaze…and the other kit called himself Shade.

“And that’s when I remembered the prophecy I had received a quarter moon before this. Starclan had appeared frantic, desperate, when they told me, ‘A Shade of black will destroy your clan.’ And there a black kit was, a kit named Shade.

“I ran up to Redstar and told him all about it, and he deliberated for a bit before deciding Blaze could enter the clan, but not Shade. I was relieved. It hurt to turn a kit away, but he was told to go to the twoleg place and a cat showed him the way there. He would survive. Blazestorm grew into the cat you knew, but he never told anyone about Shade. Because when he learned of the prophecy he wanted no other cat to
know.”

Lightdapple shivered. He had warned her to beware his own brother. “Thank…thank you,” she stammered and left. She went to sleep in her den, confused and mulling over everything she had been told.

One moon passed since Lightdapple’s discovery. And that morning she woke to death. Shade, her mate’s brother, led an army to the clans, killing everyone. Lightdapple went down still desperately protecting her son, but it was no use. The time of the clans was over. Every clan dissolved into nothing more than memory and stories. But hope wasn’t quite lost. A few cats from each clan escaped, carrying the clans with them and living together in fragile existence.

Eventually, ten seasons later, new clans were formed. Tiny, weak clans, clans who struggled just to survive. They were: Fireclan, created from Thunderclan, Frostclan, created from Riverclan, Breezeclan, created from Windclan, and last of all Eclipseclan, created from Shadowclan. The new clans rose from their predecessor’s ashes, growing but still struggling even though many seasons passed. Today they think the worst is over, that the threat is gone. They’re wrong.

message 2: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 160 comments Mod
awesome! you have a knack for telling stories.

message 3: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Why thank you!!! I write warriors stuff all the time, i'm used to it.

message 4: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

i posted the charrie list in the permission topic since you have to be me to see it. check it out!

message 5: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

ok!!! :) *dashes between tabs*

message 6: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

lol

message 7: by Madhins (new)

Madhins         (hinsy) Nice story! Super interesting!

snake! Can't somebody love me v.v, | 3 comments TAT WAS AWESOME!

message 9: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Paha thanks alot guys.

message 11: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* *Claps* Where's the rp? lol

message 12: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Oh haha there was one but I killed it after the group died. I'm redoing them soon, they should be up by tomorrow.

message 13: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* lol hooray!

message 14: by Madhins (new)

Madhins         (hinsy) Yeah! I love the idea of this group!

message 15: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

Yay! :3

message 16: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Haha thanks! Now I have to put up those promised rps.

message 17: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

Okay. :3 need help?

message 18: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Nah I got it. :)

message 19: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

okays.

message 20: by Sephiroth, I thrive on technicalities and hypocrisy. (new)

are the characters topics still up somewhere?

message 21: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Um no I'm recreating them too. It just took me a while to make the rules topic so they're not up yet. And why the heck are all those discussion topics hidden??? *Facepalm*

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 89 comments Wait soooo :
Fireclan=Thunderclan
Eclipseclan=Shadowclan
Breezeclan=Windclan
Frostclan=Riverclan

message 23: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Yuup!

message 24: by Dapplenose (new)

Dapplenose | 4 comments that was cool.

message 25: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

Thanks! Though it was a while ago and now that I look back at it it sucks. :/

message 26: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) It's fine-for a backstory.

message 27: by Dapplenose (new)

Dapplenose | 4 comments it was really great until the part where it just says "Shade brought back an army and killed everybody". that was kine of abrubt

message 28: by Syeira-la, Bwedudueded ooo chay o sho chaccaron ronnnn (new)

I know. -.- I'm so disappointed with myself there. *Smacks old self* I was rereading it, thinking...wait, wut? Baaaad transition there. I think I'll rewrite it, actually. This was my first group and I had no idea what to write about and that just sort of spazzed out of my brain. I'll keep the idea, I guess, but now that I have actually developed Shade as a character I can get more in depth with it. :3

message 29: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) you can always change it