Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Stray - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is for a discussion of Stray by Rachel Vincent. This is the first book of the werecats series. Discussion should begin in September.

Please, no spoilers.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I was pretty surprised by this book. I heard about this series from a friend and I decided to buy the first book Stray. I could not put that book down! I read it in one day. The chemistry between Marc and Faythe is pretty hot! lol. I like Faythe character very head strong and outspoken. If you have not read this book please do. lol.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I read this book awhile ago, and I think before I start discussing it I need to re-read.

From what I remember, Faythe annoyed me for awhile, but Marc was so awesome he made up for her. lol.

I'll re-read when I can and then add some more thoughts.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 115 comments I've been putting off reading this series for a while but I'm definitely going to get to it sometime this month.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Yes, Jess, Faythe's immaturity reigned in Stray, but she grows up a lot as the series progresses, and I love her now. But you're right, Marc makes up for everything. =)

I'm at the mid-way point in the audiobook. Not loving narrator, but I'm enjoying getting back into the series.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 115 comments Wow, I didn't realize this was over 600 pages! Is it really worth it?

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments It's 600 pages??? What? lol. I had no idea. I read it off my kindle which doesn't give page numbers. wow.

Well if it helps, when I read it I had no idea it was that long. So the pages must have been flying by.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 115 comments Well, honestly, looking at it now it seems like the margins are a lot bigger than normal and the text looks like it's 1 1/2 spaced. I'm not sure why they chose to do that instead of just making it less pages and formatting it like every other book. I'll guess I'll just have to try to forget the amount of pages and just read on!

message 9: by Kasia (new)

Kasia If I remember right my edition had 400+ pages... Nothing too scary

message 10: by Jess (last edited Sep 04, 2009 04:43PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I re-read the book and I liked it as much today as the first time I read it. I liked the dynamics between Marc and Faythe, even if I did find Faythe to be a tad annoying and selfish. I also forgot that Jace was adorable :)

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 115 comments Kasia wrote: "If I remember right my edition had 400+ pages... Nothing too scary"

Weird. Mine definitely has 618 pages. I wonder if they reformatted it after the first printing? Strangeness.

message 12: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I listened to it on audio book, and it was almost 14 hours. I didn't realize that! Most books that I listen to are closer to 12 hours!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stray (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Vincent (other topics)