Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Succubus Heat - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is for a discussion of
Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead to start in September.

Spoilers welcome!

message 2: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I read this last month. See the "Georgina Kincaid series" thread in the archives. ONLY READ THE THREAD IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK! Michelle and I had a great convo about this. lol

message 3: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. I have finished reading this book and really liked it, there was a lot going on.
I don't want to discuss it to much until everyone has had a chance to read it and I'll join in with the posts when they start coming in.

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Thank God she had sex with Seth in this book! I was like..if you drag it out for one more book...I might kill you. :P

I love this series and I hope she find a way to be with him. And the ending was so sad D:

message 5: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Kyle. I want to wallop you for saying you want a HEA for Seth and Georgina. lmao

They were so sleeztastic in this book. UGH! It made whatever they had together cheap and dirty. I should just copy and paste Michelle's and my conversation about this from the other board. lol

message 6: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Well I have to admit as soon as Georgina didn't have her powers any more the first thought in my head was that now she and Seth could have sex, lol.
I was surprised it took them so long to work it out, I know it was not right of them to do so but it was a once in a life time chance for 2 people that love each other very much.

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Key words "wasn't right". It was the first thing that popped into my head too but I atleast thought Seth be halfway decent and end thing with Maggie first and Georgina should'nt have led Dante on. I've gone over this in detail on the Georgina Kinciad series board. lol

It was trashy and disrespectful to themselves and the others they were involved with. I can't stand Seth now and Georgina is highly on my nerves. They are both hypocrites.

message 8: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Sounds like you feel very strongly about it Amelia, I do feel very sorry for poor Maddie she is such a lovely person, and yes you were right about Georgina leading Dante on, he wasn't so bad underneath was he.

message 9: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I actually liked Dante, still do in fact. He truly cared about her but was daft in his decision of how to show it. He meant well.

I'm NOT looking forward to the confrontation when Maggie finds out about Seth and Georgina. (you know she will) It's going to be horrendous!

What are your thoughts on Roman?

I know he tried to kill her before but it was when she betrayed him so I see where he was coming from. He obviously still has feelings for her or he wouldn't be her new roomie. I like him.

I'm hoping Georgina will have a little nephilum romance in the next book. It will cut back all that whining and pining over Seth.

..... Maybe Seth can move to Siberia with Maggie? lol

message 10: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. I really like Roman and always have, I will have to go back into the book and check but I'm sure he said something really loving to her when he found her and placed her on the bed after she had been beaten up by the Demoness, at that time we didn't know it was him.
Anyway I am hoping that maybe he might be the one in her dream as I'm convinced that the dream is going to come true, even more so now that the tabby cat has come into the picture, I took that as a big hint that it is going to happen one day.
Not to mention that Roman sounds very hot with his shoulder length black hair and brilliant green eye's, he has a much better image in my minds eye than Seth does,lol. not that looks are important but they sure are a bonus :-)

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I was thinking Roman might be the man in the dream too. Georgina is so convinced that it's Seth but let's be serious. lol

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I kinda think Georgina will have Seth's baby but end up with Roman. Since he's a half-breed, I think he could would make a perfect stepdad for another half-breed. ;)

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments UGH! Her eggo better not be preggoed by Seth! >:O

GAAAWD! I can just hear the sorrowful whining already.

I just wish Georgina could go back to her independant kick ass self soon. With Seth in the picture it most likely won't happen. Again Seth and Maddie need to move to Siberia. lol

O lord I just realized I'd been typing Maggie instead of Maddie. FAIL! lol

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess it's possible she could have gotten pregnant with Dante's kid. Didn't they have sex while her powers were gone?

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I don't think they had actual intercourse. She didn't "feel right" about having sex with him while she was having sex with Seth. Damn hypocrite.

message 16: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Yes your right Amelia, she didn't have sex with Dante while she had no powers, she kept making up excuses.

message 17: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments It made me want to slap her. Honestly. lmao

message 18: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) lol didn't mean to upset you Amelia :P

I just felt so bad for them this whole time and it was nice for them to get that chance. Though it was sleezy and I wish he would've ended it with Maggie first. She would've taken him back in a heart beat after Georgina became a succubus again, so I see what you mean with that.

I didn't like Dante, I KNEW he was behind it. I don't care if he truly thought that was the way to go...he was just weird...

I do have to admit I really like Roman, probably more than Seth. He's immortal and HE CAN DANCE. lol you would think that would be a bigger thing for her :P I think those two will be hooking up and if Mead keeps Seth and Georgina away from each other, and after reading Amelia's convos in the KIncaid threads, I have to agree with her, I would want to see her end up with Roman. :P

message 19: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments It's ok Kyle. I'm just SOOOOOOOOO completely over the Seth/Georgina sap/whine/sleez fest that has been going on. lol

::chants::

ROMAN! ROMAN! ROMAN! DOWN WITH SETH! XD

I don't have a HUGE problem with Dante ... maybe it's the fact that he is true to who and what he is. Unlike Seth and Georgina at this point. Hopefully Roman can whip her into shape. >:D

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Well I'll stand in the corner by myself, as I'm afraid I remain well and truly in the Seth camp. I loved him from the very beginning. I know that he and Georgina have played some serious emotional games with each other, but I still want them to be able to find a way to work it out. I do like Roman though, but not as much.

I really enjoyed this book, and like Kyle, enjoyed that Seth and Georgina finally got a chance to be together (although I hate that Maddie will suffer as a result). The ending left me feeling a lot better than I did at the end of Succubus Dreams though, which was a relief. I look forward to discovering more about Georgina's dreams and her possible out clause.

message 21: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Someone's been talking about me!

I'll admit the first thing I thought was oh, she'll get it on with Seth now. (Mead is a little predictable in this series.)

I'm all about a girl having self respect, and Georgina had none to be pining and aching and moaning over Seth. The man SLEPT with her FRIEND. And THEN broke up with her.
I was never a big Seth fan, but I understood the appeal of the star-crossed lovers and the fact that he was the nice guy who loved her for her. It was cute and tragic.

And then he slept with Maddie.

Pardon me, but anyone with a modicum of self-respect would not still be pining away for the man, and would not be so quick to jump into bed with him. And then when you add in the fact that it resulted in cheating for both of them...ridiculous.

For me it's more about his betrayal. Had he just broken up with her because it was too hard and then pursued other women, I would have been ALL for them getting it on and would be much more understanding of them cheating on their significant others. Had he broken up with her the right way, I'd be firmly in the "we have our chance and have to take it" camp.

But the way it went down...come on. I banged your friend behind your back, but now I want to sleep with you behind hers while I have the chance? Makes him a skeeve and her spineless for accepting him after such an hypocritical betrayal. It's no longer tragically romantic.

As for Roman, I like him muchly and I think his presence will bring some fire back into Georgina's personality, whether they get it on or not. I'm hoping for a resurgence of the more gutsy Nancy Drew side of Georgina without all the mooning.

I'm not sure about who the dream man is. Carter has always been such a big fan of Seth and Georgina's relationship, so it makes you think they're meant to be. But after all of this, plus him now being engaged to Maddie, how could that possibly come about in an acceptable way? Maddie would have to either die or move to Siberia on her own! I'd love it if Maddie found out the WHOLE story and dumped him.

I'm so afraid that saving Seth's soul is going to become another theme. And he's only got the stain because he cheated on Maddie. I guess that means he doesn't think sleeping with Maddie behind Georgina's back was all that sinful, even though he supposedly loved Georgina. Double standard.

message 22: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments OMG! Get out of my head Michelle!!! lol

I fully agree with everything you said.

I'm hating the fact that Seth's "tainted" soul is going to be a big plot line. (you know it is) It will only mean more moaning and groaning and senseless guilt from Georgina. HMPF!

message 23: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments HMPH is right.

Now that I've thought of the whole "stained because of betraying Maddie, not Georgina" aspect, I've gotten angry all over again. If it's all about SETH's perception of sin as Hugh implies, that's very telling.

message 24: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I know! I didn't even think of it until you brought it up and I was like ...... "OH HELLL NO!"

I used to like Seth. Now he is a stain on my book! lol

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina | 39 comments I'm glad she had sex with Seth, finally! But I'm not a Seth fan. They are so wrong for each other. I can't forgive him for dating her close friend. I hope she move on. I love Roman moving in with her and I wouldn't mind more Carter.

message 26: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Tina wrote: "I'm glad she had sex with Seth, finally! But I'm not a Seth fan. They are so wrong for each other. I can't forgive him for dating her close friend. I hope she move on. I love Roman moving in with h..."

Ditto on the wrong for each other, Roman and Carter!

message 27: by Tina (new)

Tina | 39 comments I'd like to see more of her Georgina's friends. Their appearances have been dwindling.

message 28: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I love me some Hugh, Peter, and Cody! I could do without more Tawny though. lol

Seth and Maddie need to move to Siberia. Just please. No more Seth pining and whining!

message 29: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I agree...more Peter, Hugh and Cody!

message 30: by Tina (new)

Tina | 39 comments I like Hugh and Georgina's interactions. I can almost see them together.

message 31: by Angie (new)

Angie | 50 comments Tina wrote: "I like Hugh and Georgina's interactions. I can almost see them together."

Me too! I think it would be interesting to see that

message 32: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Dec 15, 2009 07:34AM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments Hi Ladies,

I totally agree with everything you guys are saying. I really did like Seth until the end of Dreams. I couldn't believe that he slept with Maddie, although you could see something happening between them, I never expected Seth to do that.

I hated seeing Georgina so sad and pathetic! I was so glad at the end when she told him that they would get over eachother. And because I didn't think of it before I'm totally pissed off that guilt over Maddie is messing up his soul but didn't think anything of it for Georgina. Oh and what about his whole "I don't have flings"?!?

I'm glad Roman came back! I loved their interactions in the first book. I was cracking up when they built that bookcase!

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Yea Seth is a hypocritical "oh look I'm a nice guy, but I'm going to sleep with your best friend.... even though I'm perfect and holier than thou and don't have flings" bag o' douche.

I have a feeling Mead is going to have them end up together.... I will probably chuck my book in the corner if I have to endure too much more of this Georgina "ohhhhhoooohhhhoooohhhh Seeeeeeeeeeetttttttthhhhhhh love of my unworthy liiiiiiiiiiffffffffeeeeeee".

I mean, IMO his soul deserves to be tainted. What he did was wrong. Including cheating on Georgina with Maddie. Even if he didn't think so (Asshole).

BUT NNNOOOOO! You know Georgina is going to put herself in danger to save his pathetic ass/soul. you know.... I kind of want Maddie to find out, just so she can verbally and/or physically bitch slap them into the next decade.

message 34: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Ah, I always LOVE a good Seth-rant.

message 35: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Yep, nothing like some Seth aggravation to get you going in the morning.

I'm worried she's going to have them end up together too--Mead doesn't have a completed series yet, so for all we know, Georgina could end up with Seth and Eugenie with Kiyo. Double Ugh.

message 36: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments I think "Douche Bag" perfectly describes Seth. I hope Maddie finds out and I really hope that Georgina get's over it. She looked so weak in the last book the way she was so broken after the break up.

It so grossed me out when Seth got up and ran to Maddie right after him and Georgina had sex that first time.

I'm so done with Seth! I'm cheering for Roman!!!

EWE I really hope Eugenie doesn't end up with Kiyo!!!

message 37: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Laura wrote: "Yep, nothing like some Seth aggravation to get you going in the morning.

I'm worried she's going to have them end up together too--Mead doesn't have a completed series yet, so for all we know, Geo..."

You're making me afraid. Very afraid. Put either of those couples together and I am going to lose all faith. What a waste of reading that would be.

Particularly Seth and GK. I do NOT like Kiyo for Eugenie, but as of now there's a lil space for redemption. Seth? Blech. Icky icky poo poo.

message 38: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments I can't wait to find out how they turn out!

I honestly don't know who's worse, I'm super pissed off at Kiyo too. But at least he didn't sleep with her best friend so I guess Seth is worse.

I think Richelle Mead likes the bad boys :) Right now they seem to be taking the lead. . . Roman, Damien & Adrian.

message 39: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Andrea wrote: "I can't wait to find out how they turn out!

I honestly don't know who's worse, I'm super pissed off at Kiyo too. But at least he didn't sleep with her best friend so I guess Seth is worse.
..."

Seth is...knowingly being an ass. Kiyo is just a clueless pacifist. Though I don't like Kiyo, it's that lack of understanding and/or intent that gives him some room for redemption. I'd be pissed if it ended up E/K, but Seth and Georgina?? Ugh. I'd definitely be disgusted.

message 40: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments I agree. Do we know how many books are in the Succubus & Dark Swan Series?

message 41: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Andrea wrote: "I think Richelle Mead likes the bad boys :) Right now they seem to be taking the lead. . . Roman, Damien & Adrian."

I am still a Dimitri fan--I'm holding out for a miracle. The difference between Dimitri and Kiyo/Seth is Dimitri never did anything wrong--he was hot & good & an ass kicker--he was basically perfect. There's just that one little thing. :)

But I can live with Adrian--he has grown on me.

message 42: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Michelle M. wrote: "Seth is...knowingly being an ass. Kiyo is just a clueless pacifist. Though I don't like Kiyo, it's that lack of understanding and/or intent that gives him some room for redemption. I'd be pissed if it ended up E/K, but Seth and Georgina?? Ugh. I'd definitely be disgusted."

I'm the opposite. Do I greatly dislike both Seth & Kiyo? Most definitely. Would I have absolutely no respect for either Georgina or Eugenie if they settled? You betcha.

But, even though Seth cheated, I feel his basic personality has redeeming qualities. You gotta feel for the guy a teensy bit--it can't be easy being in love with a succubus who sleeps with guys for a living but won't sleep with you. It's like dating a hooker who won't put out the goods with you. It's bound to mess a guy up.

He is a guy who is bound by doing the right thing, and then he goes and does the complete opposite. He is a hypocrite who says he doesn't have flings and then has the mack daddy of flings. But is his core personality good? I think so, although I find him a bit on the boring, spineless side.

Kiyo however, is just a selfish person without an ounce of empathy. In all aspects of his relationship with Eugenie, whether it was the rape, her being thorn queen or their sex life, all he cared about was how it affected him and what he got out of it. Never once did he concern himself with what it might be like for Eugenie.

You can't teach a grown adult to be unselfish, so I don't see him ever being able to be a good boyfriend--you can't learn empathy & compassion, it's either there or it isn't.

So in conclusion (since I feel like I've written a term paper "Seth vs. Kiyo") I think Seth has redemptive qualities while I think Kiyo is beyond hope.

But I still hate them both.

message 43: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments Demitri is first choice of course, even as Strigoi, he's aweseome. But if they can't change him back I will be happy with Adrian too. The end of BP was so cute and I'm just happy that Adrian is finally getting a chance. But, in the end I think it will be Demitri and I don't want to see Adrian hurt but can't see it going any other way.

message 44: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 51 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle M. wrote: "Seth is...knowingly being an ass. Kiyo is just a clueless pacifist. Though I don't like Kiyo, it's that lack of understanding and/or intent that gives him some room for redempti..."

Wow! that was great! and you so just reminded me how much I disliked Kiyo. I just recently finished the Succubus series so Seth is at the top of my Douche bag list but yeah Kiyo was an ass too! I so hated the sex thing it was all about him and I so hated how he never even tried to understand anything.

Not to defend Seth, because I think the Maddie thing is completely unforgiveable. But I really think if Georgina would have just confided in Seth more things would have turned out better. She never shared with him, but I think he would have completely accepted whatever she threw at him.

message 45: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Andrea wrote: "Seth is at the top of my Douche bag list"

LOL.

message 46: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Yea........ Neither Seth nor Kiyo are redeemable to me. They are both asshole douchebag extraodinares!

Everyone has a choice. They chose to be assholes and act like the "good guy" which makes me want to punch a baby. (Relax, tis a Dane Cook joke)

The Dimitri thing pisses me off. I prefer Adrian. Rose has changed because of Dimitri. She used to be a sassy kick ass heroine now she's a sniveling, idiotic mess. Yes, yes, you are "human" and your love just died BUT that givesyou no reason to put yoursefl and your very important biffle in danger. I mean Rose can't, even stake correctly half the time now! Bullarcky. I feel like Rose is just a ball of mush when it comes to Dimitri and it irks me. She's more herself with Adrian.

message 47: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Andrea, she gives the number of planned books on her website FAQ, but I am lazy...

:p

I haven't read VA! It's still on the TBR.

Laura, Seth as boring and spineless, definitely. And I would have sympathy for him if he'd been up front about his manly needs. He did the ultimate in spineless acts and cheated in a bid to drive her away because he couldn't just man up and say he needed to get laid. She's a freakin' succubus. I think she'd have understood. And then he cheats again, on Maddie!

I totally agree with your analysis of Kiyo. I wanted him bitchslapped and delivered a lesson in reality, but it would be pointless. I'd be disgusted if Eugenie went back to him.

I guess my only point is that Kiyo is clueless about his selfishness. There's no malice aforethought about it. He just is what he is--useless to anyone who's not living a charmed, laid-back life.

Seth, though...the mere fact that "his basic personality has redeeming qualities" seals the deal on his asshat status. His keen ability to empathize is what actually makes his actions grate on me. He KNOWS his guilt. He understands he's been a dog. He planned to be an ass and followed through.

He knows better, so I expected better and got disappointed. Kiyo I can put in the ignorant imbecile category, kick him to the curb, and call it a day!

Expectations...I guess that's what it comes down to.

Now Roman--I expect him to be straight forward, but a fuck-up. And I weirdly prefer that...

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle M. wrote: "Now Roman--I expect him to be straight forward, but a fuck-up. And I weirdly prefer that..."

Testing her loyalties in Succubus Blues, by writing her a letter that he would kill her beloved wasn't really straight forward.
In my opinion it was insecure, nasty and weak.

Seth is too spineless to be interesting in my opinion. And Roman is too fucked up. Can I vote for a third option?

message 49: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I'm hoping for an improved Roman! Now that all his cards are on the table.

His agenda last time round wasn't conducive to straight-forwardness...or rational thought...or sanity.

(I don't remember this letter...I need a reread!)

I'm all for a third option, but in the meantime, Roman will do. You know how I love a "deranged nutball."

:)

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2009 01:15AM) (new)

Michelle M. wrote: "(I don't remember this letter...I need a reread!) "

I was talking about this letter:

"Miss me? I imagine you’ve been kept pretty busy with your immortal friends, making sure everyone is safe and accounted for. I imagine you’ve been just as busy with your oh-so-fascinating personal life, barely sparing a thought for me. Cruel, considering all I’ve done for you.
I wonder, though, do you worry just as much about the mortals in your life as you do the immortals? Admittedly, mortal deaths are so much less meaningful. After all, what’s fifty less years compared to the centuries of an immortal? Mortals hardly seem worth the fuss, yet you put on a good face of caring for them. But do you really? Or are they just a diversion for the long stretch of your own centuries? What about your boyfriend? Is he another toy, another hobby to pass the time? Does he really mean anything to you?
Let’s find out. Convince me he does today. You have until the end of your shift to ascertain his safety. You know the rules—keep him in safe places, keep others around him, etc., etc. I’ll be with you, watching. Convince me you really care, and I’ll spare him. Make me believe. Fail—or involve any of your immortal contacts—and no amount of “safekeeping” will do him any good."

And later Roman:
"That’s why I finally decided to call you out today. I couldn’t decide if you’d really cut me off for my own good or were just interested in someone else now—like Mortensen.”
“Wait—that’s why you arranged that stupid little game today? For your own fucking ego gratification?”
Roman shrugged haplessly, still looking self-satisfied. “It sounds so shallow when you put it like that. I mean, okay, it was pretty stupid. And maybe a little childish. But I had to know where your affection stood. You can’t imagine how touching it was to see you so worried about me—not to mention the fact that you checked on me first. That was the real kicker: I got priority over the others.”
I almost protested that I’d actually worried about Seth first, having only called Roman beforehand because I thought Seth was already accounted for. Fortunately, I had enough sense to keep my mouth shut on that issue. Better to let Roman think he’d proven his point.

In my opinion something like this is another way of acting like a spineless idiot.
I wonder what would have happened, if Roman had realized that he hadn't been the number one she thought about.

I'm all for a third option, but in the meantime, Roman will do. You know how I love a "deranged nutball."

And you know that a "deranged nutball" is as attractive for me, as Dracula in the Cassie Palmer books, not at all. A nut might be fun to read about, but that's it for me.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Succubus Heat (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Richelle Mead (other topics)