Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion Tips > Virtual Romance Tour

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) Hi everyone,
I'm guest blogging today at the Virtual Romance site, and got to rambling about the romance genre back in my day...;-) When we had only a few sub-categories and no idea what a cross genre was. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. If anyone wants to come by and comment it's up at:
http://romanceblogtour.blogspot.com/
thanks,
Frances

message 2: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) Loved your blog! It's like you took my thoughts and gave them reality. I've never picked a horse, I've procrastinated way too long, and here I am now, taking the bull by the horns (forget picking a horse!) and writing whatever I feel like. Thanks for the smile!

message 3: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) Thanks for reading it! Some days I feel so old, that its nice to think of all the good points to being around all this time. lol

message 4: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) Yeah, whoever said "you're only as old as you feel" anyway? Were they right? As you said, there are all those good points to being around all this time. Now if we could just write about them, eh? Write what you know? Some days, I just don't know anything at all. lol

message 5: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) I'm right there with ya. I figure if we fake it, and we sound convincing enough, then we're good.
;-)

message 6: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) It really pays to have a good Thesaurus! Baffle them with brilliance? lol Some days I just writes better than others. Some days, I just don't writes at all... That said, I haven't used my Thesaurus in years. Maybe that's my problem?

message 7: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) It really pays to have a good Thesaurus! Baffle them with brilliance? lol Some days I just writes better than others. Some days, I just don't writes at all... That said, I haven't used my Thesaurus in years. Maybe that's my problem?

message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) Hehehe I know where mine is, does that count?

message 9: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) Of course it counts! That's the first step, eh? I have a friend who loves his Thesaurus and uses it liberally--including using all variations of the word he was originally looking for--in the same sentence! His writing, though, is hilarious--as intended. If I tried to do that, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off. He's a true wordsmith, in my opinion.

message 10: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) I wish I could do funny. I read funny. I enjoy funny. When I try to write funny, I only get sad and ugly. Humorous I'm not. Wry, sarcastic, bitter...I can do. ;-)

message 11: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) I hear you there! I have a couple of friends who can write funny and not even break a sweat. I keep encouraging one of them to write but she doesn't think she can. I'll keep pushing though! The other, I have just finished editing his third anthology--and can't wait until it is published so I can read it again! lol I wonder if it is something we can learn? I come up with GREAT stuff, in conversations, as I'm drifting off to sleep, waking up. Times like that. When I sit down to write, it all blows away. What a gig writing can be, eh?

I also see you are a NaNo participant! Yay! Are you going again this year? I'm already worrying about a plot this time. I don't want to fly blind like I have been doing!

message 12: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) Im always there! I'm on as Neffis so drop me a friend note and we can encourage or console each other. ;-)

I never plot... I like the sheer mind-numbing terror of having no idea what I'm going to write next.

They tell me that's a bad thing.
I say with enough wine and chocolate, who needs an outline?

message 13: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) I'll have to get back to my NaNo and see if I can remember the password and get in. I seem to forget it from year to year. LOL

I used to like that sheer mind-numbing terror, but over the years it seems to have gotten old. I do a lot of writing--off and on, that is--with an on-line group and don't plot anything. After all the NaNos I've done, I'd like to have one with a plot for a change. Might encourage me to actually work on it more after NaNo is over. lol