Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments As some of you have noticed, I joined Facebook earlier this week. I have found some of you, and others have found me, but I would gladly add anyone I have missed. I am under my real name Cheryl Delano.
I had thought about this for awhile, but I was drawn in by my friend Colin Campbell, the British author I mentioned earlier in the new releases thread. His new book in the UK comes out Tuesday (Not until Dec. 1 here). I would imagine his publisher or agent suggested he make his presence known.
He sent me an e-mail telling me he had an account. This allows a little more direct communication. I have been found by a lot of my favorite authors so it has been fun.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments I joined FB by invitation from a Canadian online friend a long time ago, but in the last year, some of my grandchildren have been posting on FB and it keeps me more in touch with what they are doing, --since we live so far apart. It is nice that so many authors are making themselves known through this personal kind of communication. I'll look for you on FB.
NJ

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14098 comments Cheryl:
We found each other on Facebook this week and I also welcome "friending" others of you over there! With caution on extra personal information exercised, and priacy settings set to allow your personal info that you do share to be visible to friends only; it is a great way to keep in touch with people far away or who you simply don't have another way to communicate with regularly.

Cheryl wrote: "As some of you have noticed, I joined Facebook earlier this week. I have found some of you, and others have found me, but I would gladly add anyone I have missed. I am under my real name Cheryl Delano..."

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14098 comments Cheryl:
I agree! I was a little reluctant at first to "friend" authors but really enjoy the regular facebook posts of Dana Stabenow, Keith Synder, Steve Hamilton, Karin Slaighter, Laurie R King and others.

Cheryl wrote: "I have been found by a lot of my favorite authors so it has been fun. "

message 5: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann wrote: "I was a little reluctant at first to "friend" authors but really enjoy the regular facebook posts of Dana Stabenow, Keith Synder, Steve Hamilton, Karin Slaighter, Laurie R King an..."

I didn't know Keith Snyder was on Goodreads. Or is it Facebook? Facebook doesn't work for me. Evidently it's too big of a site for my dial-up.

Jan O'Cat

message 6: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Okay, I'm guessing you were talking about Keith on Facebook as his last activity on Goodreads appears to have been about a year ago.

I used to enjoy his posts and conversation a lot on the AOL boards. Not to mention his books. :-)

Jan O'Cat

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3530 comments JanOMalleycat wrote: "Okay, I'm guessing you were talking about Keith on Facebook as his last activity on Goodreads appears to have been about a year ago.

I used to enjoy his posts and conversation a lot on the AOL boa..."

he's on facebook, jan. i really enjoyed his books and his posts, too. i am on his mailing list but haven't gotten anything in a looong time.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14098 comments Yes, Jan O'DialupCat:
Keith Snyder is quite chatty on Facebook and it is great... hoping someday you can get a cable modem or DSL for some speed! I loved the old days on AOL Hardboiled with our favorite authors!

JanOMalleycat wrote: "Okay, I'm guessing you were talking about Keith on Facebook as his last activity on Goodreads appears to have been about a year ago.

I used to enjoy his posts and conversation a lot on the AOL boa..."

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2921 comments I loved the old days on AOL Hardboiled with our favorite authors! ...
Yeah, the grand old days when all the greats were starving.
Barry