The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) The Awakening / The Struggle discussion

tv series?!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, there making this a tv series on the CW. and they TOTALLY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT MESSED IT UP. seriously, if you want to know how or have any thoughts please say!

Alexandra Yea didn't they mess the characters up? Elena has blond hair but in the show she has brown hair and they removed characters and stuff that were in the books. Oh and stefan and damon are only like 100 in the show but in the books they are over 500 years old and from renaissance Italy!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I KNOW! It's so annoying and they changed the place where she lived! It's supposed to be fells church but now it's mystic falls.... WTF? And she has a brother instead of a sister in the show. Ughhh it makes me so mad

Alexandra Haha yea it's kinda annoying, although i am liking the show at the moment : )

Jesla the show is good

Kelly-anne.♥. To be 100% honest, I like the tv show better. Yeah, they changed details, but they didn't "mess it up". I find the story line has a lot more meaning to it and a lot more thought put into it than the original 4 books do. It definately holds my interest a lot more! Plus, Katherine is funny in the show and Damon is SEXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYY!!!! (:(:<3<3

Kelly-anne.♥. Also, I feel if it was the EXACT same as the books, who would wanna watch it? :s you could just read the book, because reading is waaay more fun!

Amber. Vampire Queen. I agree!! I love that the show is different than the books!

message 9: by Nairabell (new) - added it

Nairabell I prefer the series to the books as well. It's more interesting plus I hated Elena in the books, and like her in the show. Oh - and Damon! :)

Amanda I also prefer the show to the books. In the past couple of books things have started getting a little crazy! Kinda overboard. But man I love me some Damon! SO HOT!

Jesla i no right damon is hotter then stephen

Kristin  Aragon This is one of those rare instances where I love both the books and the TV show. The books are awesome and play out a completely different plot than the TV show.

They have done so many twists on the TV show that the only thing remotely the same is the names of the characters. Every episode leaves you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next week.

If you think you won't like the TV show because of the books, you should try and watch them. The books give NOTHING away because the storyline is totally different.

Bookaholic Team DAMON

message 14: by Kelly-anne.♥. (last edited Apr 08, 2011 02:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly-anne.♥. LMAO I love the direction this conversation took, errbody loooves Damon! haha

Nairabell - I totally agree with you, I HATE Elena in the books, especially the first one! But in the show she's a sweetheart.

Jesla - I KNOW!! What is wrong with that girls eyeballs?! HELLOOOOOO hottie totally lurvss you, screw Stephen! lmaooo

Bookaholic - HELLZ YESSS!!!

Rebecca I LOVE DAMON!!!I have a thing for bad boys :P

I love the show but the bookseries wasnt my favorite. Elena died like 5 times in the series and it got annoying (Elena did too)

Tamara the book is way better then the tv show!! and elena did NOT die like five times!!

message 17: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y The series is actually my favorite because it changed the book plot and has alot of action....it didnt really match but, the book actually was annoying.NO EFENSE.

Rebecca Aliyah wrote: "The series is actually my favorite because it changed the book plot and has alot of action....it didnt really match but, the book actually was annoying.NO EFENSE."

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!

Kelly-anne.♥. I still can't get over how much better the story line is for the tv show than the books.. and I definately agree the whole Elena thing was sooo annoying.. especially when she just appears naked on the ground, WTF!! soo cheesy and they don't even attempt an explanation, it just is what it is, dumb and boring.. in the tv show everything happens for a reason (:

message 20: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y ッ☠.Kelly-anne.☮♥♬ wrote: "I still can't get over how much better the story line is for the tv show than the books.. and I definately agree the whole Elena thing was sooo annoying.. especially when she just appears naked on ..."

That What I Was Saying.

message 21: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y Rebecca wrote: "Aliyah wrote: "The series is actually my favorite because it changed the book plot and has alot of action....it didnt really match but, the book actually was annoying.NO EFENSE."

I TOTALLY AGREE W..."

Exactly.....

Rebecca The books ruined the tv series

Tamara Rebecca wrote: "The books ruined the tv series"

the tv series ruined the book

message 24: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y Rebecca wrote: "The books ruined the tv series"

I agree,sorry to the ones who thought the book was better..it YOUR OPINION.

Rebecca Im not trying to make anyone mad with my opinion either.

I just realllllly think the tv series is waaaaaay better than the books

message 26: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y Rebecca wrote: "Im not trying to make anyone mad with my opinion either.

I just realllllly think the tv series is waaaaaay better than the books"

I'm so sorry....but agreed

Tamara Aliyah wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Im not trying to make anyone mad with my opinion either.

I just realllllly think the tv series is waaaaaay better than the books"

I'm so sorry....but agreed"

blaaah i loved the book!! i really cant follow along with the tv series...but i guess thats just me:D

message 28: by l ι l y (new)

l ι l y Its your opinion,I cant say nothing about it.

Kelly-anne.♥. Aliyah wrote: "ッ☠.Kelly-anne.☮♥♬ wrote: "I still can't get over how much better the story line is for the tv show than the books.. and I definately agree the whole Elena thing was sooo annoying.. especially when..."

Not really... I agreed with what you said, but what I said was still different, and I stated my own opinion.

Cindy Read the books first and they were alright. but now, im in love with the series. haha! XD

Jesla o i love these books

message 32: by Celeste (new)

Celeste ok, wow lots of opinions.

here's the deal.

the books in their own right are amazing, i mean they ARE what sparked the tv show.

but the tv show is great too. i mean, Ian Somerhalder as Damon!?!?! HAWT!!! i like wat i see, and the Damon in the tv show is totally living up to the reputation of the Damon in the books.

it's a win-win situation...

message 33: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie I didmt really like the books too much but I LOVE the Tv series, all new epidode tonight at 7! :) Cant wait to see ot cuz its getting pretty intense :)

Brian I think the books are just as good as the tv series very engrossing

Delia Oh the books are so much better.

Tamara Delia wrote: "Oh the books are so much better."

ya i no right!!!!!!!!!! everyone says the show is better but its not!

message 37: by Celeste (new)

Celeste The show is great! Don't be dissin. It's in a different class than the books. Can't really compare them because they're both great in their own right!

Delia Tamara wrote: "Delia wrote: "Oh the books are so much better."

ya i no right!!!!!!!!!! everyone says the show is better but its not!"

It is nooooooooot. The books are so crazy, especially the last 3. There is no way they can portray that on tv.

message 39: by Celeste (new)

Celeste They don't have to do it exactly the same. That's the beauty of it. It's a whole new adventure. That and the guy who plays Damon (Ian SOmerhalder) is a babe.

Delia Celeste wrote: "They don't have to do it exactly the same. That's the beauty of it. It's a whole new adventure. That and the guy who plays Damon (Ian SOmerhalder) is a babe."

He is a babe alright. I still liked the books so much better. Exactly, it's completely different, too different. I wish it was more true to the book series.

message 41: by Celeste (new)

Celeste That's what the books were made for...re-reading, lol.

Q: Do you watch the show even if you don't like it?

Tamara Celeste wrote: "That's what the books were made for...re-reading, lol.

Q: Do you watch the show even if you don't like it?"

i watch the show sometimes cuz that guy who plays damon is so HOT but thats pretty much the only reason

message 43: by Celeste (new)

Celeste IKR! Ian Somerhalder... he's my background on my laptop. Never gets old and is actually a pretty great actor. Looks don't hurt either. I think he was a great pick for the character. Wouldn't want anyone else, actually:)

message 44: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam I loved the books but the tv series is better. and like everyone has already said Damon is HOT!!! :D

message 45: by Wunmi (last edited May 08, 2011 12:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wunmi Yea, this is one of the rare cases that the TV show/movie is actually better than the book. I think the show did a great job with the story. They took the story from book and improved on it. I will love to read the series with the story line from the show! and I agree with everyone, Damon is hot hot hot!

Tamara Wunmi wrote: "Yea, this is one of the rare cases that the TV show/movie is actually better than the book. I think the show did a great job with the story. They took the story from book and improved on it. I will..."

the tv series makes no sense to me!! i feel like they took the characters from the book and then DESTROYED it!! lol but aloT of people love the tv show:)btw damen is REALLY hot!

Wunmi Tamara wrote: "Wunmi wrote: "Yea, this is one of the rare cases that the TV show/movie is actually better than the book. I think the show did a great job with the story. They took the story from book and improved..."

I see where you are coming from but I think the show is an improvement on the book because I like the characters better in the show for many reasons. It is okay if we agree to disagree :-) but seems everyone agrees on one point- Damon is hot! lol!

message 48: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Wunmi wrote: "Tamara wrote: "Wunmi wrote: "Yea, this is one of the rare cases that the TV show/movie is actually better than the book. I think the show did a great job with the story. They took the story from bo..."

Well, said!!!!;)

message 49: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha I love the T.V series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 50: by Mal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mal I really don't like the TV show ... at all. The messed EVERYTHING up!!!! What up with that?

« previous 1