Roger Zelazny discussion

Amber > 2 - The Guns of Avalon - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments For discussing the second book of the Amber series, The Guns of Avalon, by Roger Zelazny. No Spoilers, please!

Please mark spoilers for the first book, Nine Princes in Amber, too.

message 2: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments I've put this out as a 'currently reading' book, but did note in the reason that it is one of the October reads.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 84 comments I started it last night, but didn't get very far. I've been looking forward to this since finishing 9 Princes...

message 4: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments Is anyone reading 'Guns' now?

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 84 comments I finished it last week (finished Unicorn too).

message 6: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments That's where I'm at, too. Ready to read "The Hand of Oberon" next.

message 7: by Libby (new)

Libby | 9 comments Just started Guns last night. Really enjoying the Avalon / Arthurian tie in.

message 8: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments It is kind of fun to see Zelazny's warp of an old legend.

message 9: by Libby (new)

Libby | 9 comments I very much enjoy how he just tells the story and doesn't feel the need to explain everything. He has a nice respect for the reader and expects us to figure out the clues and story as we go along. There is no hand holding. It makes for a more enjoyable reading experience.