Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > more e books coming

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2998 comments http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/n...

Both ASUS and MSI will have units by Christmas.

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7913 comments Barry wrote: "http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/n...

Both ASUS and MSI will have units by Christmas."

had to click on the link if only to find out what an "ASUS" was.

I hope they can be competitive in price and design with the Kindle. I'm ready for something but waiting for the price to come under $200.

message 3: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2998 comments I hope they can be competitive in price and design with the Kindle. I'm ready for something but waiting for the price to come under $200.

I figure I can get a paperback at the UBS for a buck, then put a sheet of glass over it while I read.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Barry:
You are too funny! I actually do cover my paperbacks and hardbacks with a sheet of "glass" when I read under my light wedge in low light conditions. I recommend that method for those times, but not in general. ;)
I also agree with Carol. I think $200 is a tipping point for an ereader for someone like me who uses the library and audio books much more than reading purchased books. I still love to touch and feel and smell and savor my books in paper format way too much to be completely sold on a e-reader as the exclusive option for my reading, but do see the advantage of portability. I even buy or borrow the actual books of audio books I have read sometimes just to be able to fondle the actual pages!

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I hope they can be competitive in price and design with the Kindle. I'm ready for something but waiting for the price to come under $200.
Barry wrote: "I figure I can get a paperback at the UBS for a buck, then put a sheet of glass over it while I read..."

message 5: by Gail/Ladyvolz (new)

Gail/Ladyvolz Bowman (ladyvolz) | 343 comments $200 huh.... well see my new post in the Sony thread. Their pocket e-reader is just $199

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Sep 26, 2009 05:49AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7913 comments Ann wrote: "I even buy or borrow the actual books of audio books I have read sometimes just to be able to fondle the actual pages! ..."

Me too, Ann! I do it because sometimes a reference is made that I think might have been explained earlier, and it's near impossible to scan back and find things on audio. Plus, there are times when I don't feel like listening (lying in bed it puts me to sleep, for example) so I like to have the book instead. Also, especially if I'm reading a book from another country, it helps to see the names/terms I don't recognize.

I won't buy the book, though, borrow only. Occasionally I will borrow the audio of a book I own to listen along, but that's rare.