Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Your Favorite Brother

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Aug 28, 2009 04:24PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments As many of you know, J.R. Ward is famous for her Black Dagger Brotherhood books. There is a thread discussing these books in length.

This thread is to ask that Ridiculously unanswerable (but we try anyway) question...

Who is your FAVORITE brother?

Just to remind people (as if it's really needed! ha!)

Here are the brothers, straight from the Warden's website:

Wrath: the last purebred vampire on the planet and the vampire race's king. Essentially blind, he is the leader who is not willing to lead until he is forced to care for a half-breed he falls in love with.

Rhage: the strongest of the brothers and the best fighter. Cursed by the Scribe Virgin, he is possessed by a dark side which is a danger to everyone. Ultimately, though, he is gentled by a very special human woman.

Zsadist: the most lethal of the brothers. A former blood slave who was mercilessly tortured during the first hundred years of his life, Z is the one who has fallen farthest from grace. But he is utterly worthy of redemption.

Phury: the loyal one, the one who sacrifices himself for others. Phury is Zsadist's twin brother and a celibate who cannot truly live because of everything his biological brother has lost. Used to giving rather than receiving, he needs love coming back at him to bring him alive.

Vishous: the most intelligent and the one who is specially gifted. His curse is his ability to prognosticate: he sees the future, though not the 'when' of events so he is tortured by his inability to save those he loves from danger. His love puts him at odds with a secret about himself he did not know and could never have guessed.

Tohrment: the steady one, the calm one. He is the one whose betrayal by fate will cut the deepest.

Butch: an ex-homicide detective and the only human to ever have been allowed into the Brotherhoods world.

Technically not brothers, but here they are:

Rehvenge: Half vampire, half sympath, Rehv is a force to be reckoned with. He's also a known drug dealer and owner of a local club the brothers go to.

John Matthew (JM): a pre-transition vampire
(depending on the book you're up to), whose past is still a mystery to him.

Notable Mentions: Blay, Quinn, and Darius

So who is YOUR favorite brother??

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments Noooo! Don't make me pick ONE! How about I order them from most favored to least?

Zsadist
Butch
Vishous
John Matthew (JM)
Wrath
Rhage
Blay & Quinn (together, of course)
Phury
Tohrment

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments LOL!! If you Absolutely HAD to pick one Sarah... which would it be?? And Blay and Quinn can't count as one LOL

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm. It's a toss-up between Z and Rehv for me.... I'll say Z because I liked his book a tad bit better than Rehv's

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 23 comments Oh goodness. Who could pick just one? ;p

It's a 3-way tie for me between Zsadist, Rehvenge, and Vishous.

message 6: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) Vishous is my absolute favorite....and then I'm tied between Rhage and Butch

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I'm with Melinda, as she and I share a top three. My favorite changes from book to book and what mood I'm in. And should Qhuinn ever gain Brother status, he's going to be battling it out for supremacy with the those three. =)

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments If I had to pick just one that would be my favorite.. I pick Wrath. I mean he was always my favorite, but in Rhev's book his story just BROKE my heart. and now I love him even more.

But if I could be sneaky and pick a top 3 lol.. it would be Wrath, Z and JM. When JM's book comes out, I think he might shoot up to my favorite. I already love him and I've only seen him in background stories.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments Jess wrote: "LOL!! If you Absolutely HAD to pick one Sarah... which would it be?? And Blay and Quinn can't count as one LOL"

OK, fine, Jess. I pick Zsadist.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I know.. I'm sorry, it's too hard a question!

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I love me some Vishous!

but honestly JM and Qhuinn are sneaking up on him! I'm getting a feeling that when LM comes out JM or Qhuinn will have knocked Vishous out of the top slot!

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 85 comments My absolute favorite brother is Zsadist, he is just fabulous. Dark, tortured, great singing voice, what's not to love?

After Z, I love Viscious, with his kinky ways and smooth attitude!

message 13: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) | 292 comments My absolute favorite is Vishous! I love V!!! And then followed closely by all the rest of them LOL ;)

message 14: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) Mine is Zsadist. It was the first book I read of the series, and none of the brothers surpassed him after reading their books. I do adore Rhage too, though. He is my number two!

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments no contest for me V is my number one
2nd or 3rd there could be a contest though

message 16: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 52 comments I love them all! But if I have to choose I say Rehvenge.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Aww I feel bad for Wrath and Rhage.. no one ever mentions them as their favorites lol. Everyone picks Z or V lol!!

message 18: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) | 292 comments I do like Rhage, I would say he's probably 3rd down my list as favorite!:)

message 19: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Of the 2 books so far, my fav is Wrath, and then Rhage. The little tidbets that I've got of V seem extremely promising too!

message 20: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I love Rhage! He is just too funny!

message 21: by Shannon (last edited Aug 31, 2009 07:16PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 85 comments Jess wrote: "Aww I feel bad for Wrath and Rhage.. no one ever mentions them as their favorites lol. Everyone picks Z or V lol!!"

Also, nobody's loving Phury either...

But I digress, LOL, I do love all the brothers, but Z and V are just at the top of my "it" pile!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments But Phury's just so... whiny.

message 23: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments LMAO Sarah it's true! Throughout the book I was just like ..... MAN UP ALREADY!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelley Anne - I am so jealous that you get to read Lover Awakened for the first time. I wish I could read it for the first time again.

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lol Phury is a tad whiny!!

message 26: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Wow! Zsadist is really tugging at my heart! Reminds me a lot of Acheron.

message 27: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Every book some character somewhere is tugging at your heart! lol

message 28: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, is that a general "tugging at your (meaning all of us) heart" or me specifically! lol, because I know it works if you are talking about me, not so sure though if you mean everyone generally! lol

message 29: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Everyone's! lol

All there stories pull you (us lol) in.

message 30: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, sorry, I'm a bit sleep deprived tonight! I was up the whole night reading Catching Fire and then was stupid and started reading Lover Awakened, and haven't wanted to put it down!!!

message 31: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) The warden kicks everyones heart's asses :P

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments Wow, Kelley Anne! You're already on Lover Awakened? The Warden really HAS sucked you in. LOL

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I read the whole series in around a week and a half. lol

message 34: by Renee (new)

Renee Thielman | 9 comments Zsadist and Rhage are by far my favorites. Phury is my least favorite for sure. I do love Wrath, Vishous and Tohrment too probably in that order. Butch is just ehh to me, but better than Phury. I wish there were like 100 more of these books so I never had to stop reading them!!!!

message 35: by new_user (last edited Sep 09, 2009 07:55PM) (new)

new_user I heart JM. LOL. Also Rehv. *_*