Cloud; The Wild Stallion of the Rockies discussion

The Good News!! > Introducing Cloud's new Son and Daughter!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

July 21, 2009

Dear Friends of Cloud;
Last week we spent three days on the Pryors with the wild horses and were thrilled to see so many of the 2009 foals. On top of the mountain we found Cloud's stepson, Flint, with his mare and new son! Flint won the blaze-faced grulla mare, Feldspar, last spring. He lost Feldspar to Prince during the summer, but won her back this spring before the birth of their son. We named the darling grulla colt, Jasper. He is a delight and reminds me of his Flint as a baby.

Cloud has had a few changes in his family band as well. His daughter and grand-daughter, Firestorm and Ember, are now with the coyote-dun band stallion, Jackson. When we walked out to get a closer look at Firestorm and Ember, we had our biggest surprise of the trip. Cloud's dun mare was with Jackson, too. Beside the mare was a tiny foal who took my breath away. She looks like Cloud as a foal, not necessarily in color, but in her lovely conformation and bright expression. We named her Windflower. Oddly, the pair has been wandering around on their own for nearly a month, and they weren't even with Jackson earlier in the day, so we'll see if this liaison lasts. Because of the cool, rainy weather many of the horses were far down the mountain, including Cloud and his family. I'm hoping Cloud will try to win back the mare and little Windflower when he comes to the mountaintop. Stay tuned!

Jasper;
http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/ima...

Wildflower;
http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/ima...

P.S. The third program in the Cloud series, Cloud: Challenge of the Stallions, will premier on PBS stations nationwide on October 25th on NATURE. We'll remind you closer to the air date and soon we will have a sneak preview on our website too. It is our hope that these programs continue to share the beauty of wild horses families and will help to keep them in the wild for many generations to come.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

:O :C :D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Aren't they adorable?

message 4: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments OMG, Wildflower looks a lot like Cloud as a baby, only with a darker mane!

AAAWWWW!!!

message 5: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) yeah.....i think jackson is a pretty stallion but windflower and his mare back

message 6: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Same here

message 7: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) weeeeeeeeee

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Windflower's my fave!

message 9: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Me too!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!

message 11: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Hey!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that they should have named Windflower something else. She's like a spitting image of her father. She should be like, Suncloud, or something.

message 13: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Yeah, that would have been cool

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

they need to come up with better names out there.

message 15: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments RP with Riddler and King?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

In the group and through private messages?

message 17: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Private

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay!

message 19: by Becca (new)

Becca (shortstack252) | 8 comments The babies are soooo cute!