Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Censorship

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Pacini (DBPacini) *******

I tried to post this under General. If I've failed, I apologize.

Goodread Members,

I posted in my Goodreads blog an open letter to Goodreads about censorship. Please read the letter, it addresses a problem that should concern all members of Goodreads. Please post on my blog that you want Goodreads to change polices about this. If enough of us make this request they may take it seriously.

Thanks,

D.B.

message 2: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 334 comments Mod
Good post, D.B.

I commented. Thank you for raising this issue. I had no idea that reviewers had the ability to misrepresent how mainstream their opinions are.

message 3: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) I read your blog and posted my comment. Not sure it will be overly popular, but there you have it. ;-) At any rate, I mostly agree with your concerns but now need to figure out just exactly how the "reviews" option works on this site. Is it a separate thing from my involvement here, or is each review tied intimately with my own person space on goodreads? Is it more like facebook or myspace, or ??? To me, it depends on a few factors as regarding how goodreads actually works. Anyway, I've tried to state my feelings in my comment to your blog... Thanks for raising the concern!

Michele

message 4: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Pacini (DBPacini)
Michele,

I read your comment and responded. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. We are not on different sides of the fence about this, and I respect your post.

Other Goodreads Folks: Please click on my profile and then click on my blog. This letter to Goodreads about censorship will be the first blog you see with a lot of response comments. I am trying to read the responses every few hours to stay on top of them. If you read the letter and the responses you'll fully understand what this is all about. Please take time to post your supportive comments so that Goodreads will see that we want this policy changed.

And, if you disagree, you are welcomed to post your comments as well.

DB

Rowena,

Thank you very much. I am now quoting you, LOL. You have a keen eye.

DB

message 5: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 334 comments Mod
Thank you for the compliment!