Cloud; The Wild Stallion of the Rockies discussion

How to Help > Act Now!!!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Please act now to stop this unnecessary and cruel round up--- the BLM still plans to move forward on September 1st
The Bureau of Land Management is rounding up and eliminating 12 herds (650 horses) off 1.4 million acres in Nevada right now-- next they plan to destroy Cloud's herd with a massive removal of 70 horses that would include OLDER HORSES and YOUNG FOALS.
Many of the horses you have come to love in the Cloud shows and will meet in the new Cloud show on October 25th will lose their families and their freedom next week. By zeroing out whole herds and reducing others to below genetic viability, the BLM is circumventing the will of Congress. The House just passed the Restoring of American Mustangs (ROAM) act and the Senate will review this bill (now S.1579) when they return from recess in September. Is BLM just trying to do as much irrevocable damage to America's wild horses as they can before Congress can act?
This round up will start on September 1st unless we can stop it. Removing 70 horses will destroy this unique little Spanish herd, leaving them well below the bare minimum for genetic viability. The range is in great condition and the horses are healthy. This removal should be stopped. Please do all you can to help! Listen to Ginger Kathrens on Endangered Stream Live-- a special edition show "Angels for Cloud"

National Call in Day for Cloud is Friday, August 28th -- SPREAD THE WORD! Have your kids call in and write too-- These horses need to be preserved for future generations and we must act NOW

1. Call/write/fax President Obama as often as you can—this herd is a national treasure and should not be wiped out by a government agency. Please flood the phone lines with calls! Phone: 202-456-1111 or 202-456-9000 Fax: 202-456-2461
E-mail Obama

2. Ask Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar to stop this round up
Call: 202-208-3100
Write: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

3. BLM Director Bob Abbey, tell him to halt this round up-- he must reconsider his agency's actions
Call: 202-208-3801 or 866-468-7826
Fax: 202-208-5242
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

4. Call and write your own Senators and Congress people- tell them that Montana is allowing the destruction of Cloud’s unique and historical wild horse herd. Politely express your outrage and ask them to help stop this round up. Find your state offices here

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG that's way too sad. I basically cried.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!! That's why we have to stop it!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

:CCC

message 5: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) i just emailed Robert Abbey

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Never give up!!

message 7: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Got to fight for it! I'm in a 4-H club, which is like a really old club that has a lot to do with farm animals and their care. I'm going to email them and see if they can all sign the petition.

message 8: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) that's a cool idea

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to try and contact Up-Reach, it's a therepedic riding center near me

message 10: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Ranches and stables is a good idea for a petition.

message 11: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la That's insane!!!!! Oh. My. Gosh. They deserve to be free! And why Cloud? Why!!!????

message 12: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments I know! Out of all herds, out of all stallions, Cloud's the one!

message 13: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la That's just repulsive.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

That's just horrible. Heeeeey.... You know the Friends for Change thing on Disney? Maybe we can e-mail them? It's Disney that probably has one of the most influences on kids.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

That's just horrible. Heeeeey.... You know the Friends for Change thing on Disney? Maybe we can e-mail them? It's Disney that probably has one of the most influences on kids.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a good idea!!

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) | 27 comments Syeira wrote: "That's insane!!!!! Oh. My. Gosh. They deserve to be free! And why Cloud? Why!!!????"

I know!!!

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) I don't mean to sound harsh, and I know the thing about the mustangs is being managed wrongly, but instead of focusing on Cloud, why not write letters with well-researched proposals on how to better manage the horse population? Or focus on whatever area you like.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. Now that the herd is already rounded up, there's not much else we can do about it.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) Right now I'm focusing my efforts on canines - telling my friends why it's wrong to buy from pet shops, why pit bulls have a bad rep, etc.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I'm trying that.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?...

That person has the best animal rights designs.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. What is that website?

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) Etsy? I use it to sell vintage. It's a worldwide site of sellers and buyers of vintage and handmade stuff. It's absolutely wonderful, and I've gotten several people addicted to it. My shop is PeachesStuff. Check it out sometime.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) And if you search for EFA (Etsy for Animals), that's a group that donates part of their profits to animal rescue work.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) You can find just about everything on Etsy. And you know you're not supporting some company with bad environmental practices and stuff.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) MUAHAHAH! It's EFA, and it's an Edward Cullen doll! STAB IT STAB IT STAB IT: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lolololololol!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, that's awesome! I love the ribbon necklace!

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) I'm going to join EFA. I just haven't, yet.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) And an item I'm going to start making soon and giving all the profits to my local animal shelter is scarves made out of plastic bags. I knit, and they're fairly easy to make. I'm working on a Hot Topic scarf right now. Don't try it. Hot Topic bags are hard to work with.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) | 27 comments Melody wrote: "http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?...

That person has the best animal rights designs."

I like that!