Cloud; The Wild Stallion of the Rockies discussion

Who is Cloud?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 28, 2009 01:58PM) (new)

Cloud is a pale palomino, wild horse stallion, living in the Pryor Mountains of Montana, a range the Crow Indians call the Arrowheads. Cloud has been documented from the day of his birth by Emmy-winning filmmaker, Ginger Kathrens. Her films about Cloud, “Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies” and “Cloud’s Legacy: The Wild Stallion Returns” air on PBS’s Nature series and represent the only on-going documentation of a wild animal in our hemisphere. Ginger’s Cloud chronicles have been compared to Jane Goodall’s work with chimpanzees in Africa. Ginger has written two books about Cloud.

http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/ima...

http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/ima...

message 2: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) I've seen the shows before and I like them, I hate the fact that they just round them up and sell them.That is so heartless,someone should round them up and sell them but they call it slavery. Why is it any different for animals? The only reason people think they have the right to do that is because they can't speak for themselves.What they are going to do to the mares is animal cruelty.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm mad at the BLM.

message 5: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments I second all this, but remember that the BLM is trying to do good, but there are better ways to do it all. I'm not trying to take their side, but I think they could have different options for the mustangs.

message 6: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) i watched those shows! what is the BLM?

message 7: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) bureau of land management

message 8: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) oh i dont like them.

message 9: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) me either

message 10: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) why do they want to round up the mustangs? they had better have a good reason.

message 11: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) apparently they take up too much space

message 12: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments The BLM want the mustang population to keep down, so they won't have wild horses running around all over the place. Technically, it makes sense, but it doesn't mean that every one has to go or get killed.

message 13: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) not really because they aren't all over, they're just in the mountains and they actually are sort of a tourist attraction

message 14: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) that's like...taking nature out of nature, and that's not exactly possible...the horses are SUPPOSED to be there...does the BLM have a mail address?

message 15: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) i think i should apply for a job within them so i can change it

message 16: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) maybe, but i don't think that would work. people in places like the BLM don't like to listen to other people.

message 17: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments My uncle in Oregon says that the BLM does things like this to preserve American, but they're actually hurting it. But I do agree with Hawkshadow. It'll be hard to convince the BLM.

message 18: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) yes they are hurting it. you cant take the wild out of nature, and theyre trying to de exactly that!

message 19: by ♥Pudding♥ (new)

♥Pudding♥ (pudding) well before they killed a lot of horses just to open the land for cattle grazing because it was "unfit" for horse grazing

message 20: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Are you talking about the time in the 1900 hundreds, around Frank Hopkins and Hildago?

message 21: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) you know, i have a friend who says they have just one prejudice- against stupid people. the BLM are stupid people.

message 22: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Maybe not exactly stupid, but really blind.

message 23: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) i have to go, so i'll see you later. :3

message 24: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments Okay, see you!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

So technically they think they themselves are stupid? Smart. Way smart. If these horses were roaming in, lets say somewhere where people go or live, then yeah, they can round them up, but not KILL them. But these horses live in the mountains.

message 26: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) or move them to the cimarron or something. where are they going to relocate the horses they capture?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

They aren't! they're gonna kill them.

message 28: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 30 comments They aren't?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

They aren't going to relocate them, I mean.

message 30: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) why not!? why would anyone kill those horses? they're beautiful!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. Even the foals.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. :(

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) 'Cause they're taking up land that could be used for cattle. And there's already a 100,000 horse surplus.

message 34: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Did they round them up? *Furious* Because it was planne for sept. 1st.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

They started today! The BLM said it takes 10-14 days for the round up to be complete.

message 37: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Oh no no no no no!!!!!! Cloud!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Stupid Blm people!!!

message 39: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) i hate them!!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^*(&(*%#&%$@%$# TO BOB ABBEY!!!!

message 41: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la I hate them! Hate them hate them hate them!!!!!!! Stupid greedy land people!

message 42: by Dapplenose (new)

Dapplenose | 7 comments HATE MAIL!!!!!jk

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

ARGH!!!

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) | 27 comments Why would theyy do that!!!

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) Cattle brings more money. Therefore, why should they clutter up their land with wild horses? *rolls eyes* Some people.

message 46: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Wait wait wait. You support the BLM? *Takes out claws* Please tell me you didn't just say you supported this.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) No, I'm just saying that's their point of view. I don't support rounding up Cloud's and other small herds, but the really large herds wouldn't be hurt by some mares being given the 22 month contraceptive.

message 48: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Ok, good. Well, while i don't exactly think we should be trying to thin out even the larger herds, i understand now what you're saying.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

eh, that is true... because if the mares had more foals, there's more of a chance that the BLM would want to round the herd up.

message 50: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la Well, true...but still. Why waste time making the herds smaller whe we could be spending time finding somewere the herds can flourish and thrive? Somewhere they won't be bothered by the BLM and they won't be consming the cattle's grass?

« previous 1