The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations & Voting > October 2009 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Dini: I'm having a hard time messaging you. I'm going to begin the October nominations, to play catch up if you concur. :)

Please nominate TWO CLASSIC selections from the OFFICIAL NOMINATIONS LIST (Under NOMINATIONS & VOTING, see the thread "Nomination Lists"). Nominations will end a week from today on Friday, September 4, at midnight.

In the past, we have attempted to select something "scary" for October's pick. I know this narrows down the selections to just a few. So I suggest nominate what you'd like, particularly something scary or macabre if possible for October's reading.

message 2: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 28, 2009 12:11PM) (new)

1. The Lottery: And Other Stories by Shirley Jackson
2. Hamlet by Shakespeare (there IS a ghost!) :)

message 3: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
Alison said: "I'm going to begin the October nominations, to play catch up if you concur."

I concur! :)

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Newton (kathlikestolaugh) | 4 comments 1. Edgar Allan poe
2. Lottery and other stories

message 8: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 29, 2009 05:16PM) (new)

Good to see you back, Meghan! Heart of Darkness was my third pick, along with the Metamorphosis.

message 10: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 29, 2009 09:40PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Oh, oops. I didn't see they were both already nominated. Was just looking for and concentrating on "scary."

message 11: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Yeah, not so many scary ones left :)

message 12: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Alison wrote: "Good to see you back, Meghan! Heart of Darkness was my third pick, along with the Metamorphosis. "

Nothing like a little madness in the Congo to get you in the holiday mood! heh

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.