Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It discussion

Countdown Time!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 278 comments Mod
It's time for the countdown! I'm really sorry I've been away for so long, leaving you all hanging. I'll give a bit of the story in the next post. Then, let the wild rumpus begin!

message 2: by Karey (new)

I'm finally back folks. What a summer. I was a little sickie poo, but the white blood cell problem seems like it's behind me.

And guess what? I've started going to physical therapy. Something wonderful has happened. When before I couldn't get out of the house for days at a time because of being in so much pain and being so tired, I'm almost back to normal.

It's pretty funny: I had no idea, but my neck and upper spine were locked in place after lying prone for 2 1/2 years of being bed-ridden most of the time (including re-writing Secret Speakers during 2008). Why didn't anyone TELL me I looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame?

When Miracle Maker Dr. T. unlocked them, I had super weak neck muscles and my head was like a floppy doll. So, I've been balancing this 14 pound bowling ball of a head over my bird body for a few weeks (I'm sort of scrawny). But I'm getting pretty good at it and my muscles are changing from soggy spaghetti strands to Arnold Shwarzenegger coolness.

I'm sore in other places now since I'm getting pummelled back into shape, but that's OK. It means I'm getting back to my normal, very wonderful self. (Don't ask my kids to verify that. They'll say I'm weird and embarrassing to be around.)

I was in too much pain all last week to even sit at the computer, and I burst into tears during a lunch at Five Guys burgers with my whole family there. Berry embarrassing.

What this means is, the book is going to be out in twelve days! I had some serious doubts. I must have a guardian angel. I've been battling her evil twin for those 2 1/2 years, but I think the fight is almost over. Take that evil twin!

So what's with this long story? I don't know. I'm just glad to be back, and I think that this time, it's "for reals."

I love you all! Big hugs to you for your support. I just got chills thinking that this is all about to happen. Woohoo!

I couldn't have done it without you all because there were times I was pretty darn discouraged and you were there for me when my world had shrunk to the four walls of my home for soooo long.

Thanks for having such strong shoulders for me to stand on. Right now I feel like I'm standing on one toe and doing this amazing flying thing with my arms while you're balancing me. The view is amazing. But then what am I saying? You're right there with me watching the wider world unfold in all it's glory.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments WHOOO!! Let's start!

Days left!

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila  | 15 comments How exciting! Will the audiobook be coming out in 12 days too?

message 5: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments That's absolutely fantastic to hear that you're feeling better, it's funny how one problem can sometimes blend into another and when we fix the new problem we discover that the original problem is reduced in the process.

message 6: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments Karey wrote: "I'm finally back folks. What a summer. I was a little sickie poo, but the white blood cell problem seems like it's behind me.

And guess what? I've started going to physical therapy. Something won..."

I'm so glad you're doing better, Karey. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. And I'm really excited about your book. It's going to do awesome!

message 7: by Ronda (new)

Ronda (shamrk317) | 9 comments Karey,
So glad you are starting to feel better. It will be great to have you back and to be able to hear from you again.
I am so excited for the book, 12 days is not that long, after as long as we have all waited. Congratulations

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve (steve_rothwell) | 5 comments So glad to hear! Must have been all those prays everyone sent out. Cant wait!

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments So happy to hear that you are doing better again! Can't wait for the countdown!

message 10: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments And just like that, September is upon us. 8!

message 11: by Karey (new)

Thanks everyone! What a fun two days it's been. I finally uploaded SS to Amazon, and it will take a few days for it to show up. I'd hoped to have it up a lot early, but that's alright. Things always have a way of turning out.

Yesterday I was nearly hyperventilating with glee that I'm actually doing what I've been hoping to do for so long: get the book OUT to you.

Today I'm getting the manuscript and book cover ready to go to the printer, and yes, Sheila, the Audiobook will be coming out at the same time.

message 12: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments So it will be available for Kindle pretty quick then? Excellent, I love having hard copies of books around, but I love my Kindle like no other electronic device I own.

message 13: by Karey (new)

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to do that earlier. I'll put that on today's list of things to do, Weldon.

message 14: by Karey (new)

Hey guess what? I'm uploading Secret Speakers to Kindle right this moment. The little green file conversion bar is moving right now!

message 15: by Sheila (new)

Sheila  | 15 comments Wow, it is actually becoming a reality isn't it! I'm very excited for you Karey. I hope the book becomes a best seller!

message 16: by Karey (new)

Thanks for the good wishes. :) It IS becoming a reality, and I'm having a great time--as long as I keep taking breaks, since I've been at the computer during all my waking hours the last three days. I had artichoke hearts out of a jar for lunch yesterday...

The Kindle upload is taking some tweaking with fonts and all. I've got to find someone who knows how to format the letters that disappear!

message 17: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments So it is official then, instead of days, we can now count the hours and minutes until release (even if it's not shipping quite yet) - 8:13

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Karey, You are going to be famous! The book is wonderful. Can't wait. We knew you when..lol :)

message 19: by Karey (new)

I am so giddy that I've been nearly hyperventilating lately. And I get chills all over from time to time. What a fun thing to work so hard for so long, and have so many setbacks, only to discover they were all part of the bigger picture and it all works out...

And what do you mean about "knowing me when?" That scares me Shelby. You can come have tea anytime.

message 20: by Karey (last edited Sep 09, 2009 01:36PM) (new)

Sheila wrote: "How exciting! Will the audiobook be coming out in 12 days too?
"

Yes, the audiobook will be available, too. I'm uploading the file today. (The book is already going to print. Audiobook is a lot faster process.) Wahoo and do a little jig because I'm a little pig! (I am a pig for taking so long, and having so many false starts, but it's all coming together, so that's ok. Right?)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* And what do you mean about "knowing me when?" That scares me Shelby. You can come have tea anytime.

That didn't mean a thing bad. I knew you would always be a sweetheart :)

message 22: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments Hey the countdown's over, today's the day!

message 23: by Mockingbird (new)

Mockingbird | 9 comments I JUST saw the Google Checkout order form TO ORDER YOUR BOOK on your website http://ksrkingworth.com !!! It came up on the second page after I clicked to get the 5 free chapters of the audio version. You're right . . . Simon Vance is an incredible narrator. Wow. What an honor for him to narrate your book, and for you to have him narrate it!

I just noticed that http://secretspeakers.com has the order form too! I love the website and making a luminamen with my name (and about 50 other names...)

message 24: by Karey (new)

Thanks for the fun feedback Mockingbird.

Shelby and Hannah, you can both come for "tea." :) I only drink herbal tea, so it's more a figure of speech, but you know what I mean. And Shelby, I knew how you meant it, wink wink.