The Reading Rainbow Coalition discussion

Book Dump: Suggestions > September Book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
Hey guys! Sorry about slacking off with updating and commenting. Go ahead and make some suggestions for the next BotM!

message 2: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (emirabal) | 11 comments How about we keep it real geek and do some star wars books. Just wondering. I mean people have probably read a lot of them but i have not read any and have been trying to get into it. Im currently reading the han solo trilogy but we dont have to start with that one.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (justchristine) | 21 comments I have a book to recommend - it just came out on Tuesday. Disclaimers up front: It's a Young Adult novel... about killer unicorns.

It's called "Rampant", by Diana Peterfreund. http://www.dianapeterfreund.com/books...

(Disclaimer 2: Diana is the sister of one of my best friends, and this is her 5th book)

message 4: by Billy Jo (new)

Billy Jo (showmebillyjo) Christine wrote: "I have a book to recommend - it just came out on Tuesday. Disclaimers up front: It's a Young Adult novel... about killer unicorns.

It's called "Rampant", by Diana Peterfreund. http://www.dianape..."

That actually sounds really interesting.

message 5: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

@Edwin - go ahead and recommend one and I'll add it to the poll.

@Christine - violent unicorns?!? nice!

message 6: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (emirabal) | 11 comments No no i want to read about unicorns,

message 7: by Jacobmartin (new)

Jacobmartin | 11 comments Nobody else I know apart from one guy I forced to read this: Train Man by Hitori Nakano.

It's romance written for men, in a good way. It's about this geeky Japanese dude who falls in love on a train where he saves a girl from a drunken passenger.

How is this geeky? Well, he gets some digital courage from the internetz (the 2Channel Forums) to ask her out. It's Intersplodalicious!

message 8: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Any more suggestions? I'll put up the poll tonight if not.

message 9: by Billy Jo (new)

Billy Jo (showmebillyjo) misterx over on the FB forums suggested The Surrogates. I think it sounds pretty interesting. Essentially every person has an android that interacts with the world for them, and the person just sits at home. A "techno-terrorist" is trying to undo that so people have to actually get out and live. There's going to be a movie, apparently?

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike | 18 comments I really enjoyed The Surrogates. And it's been made into a movie with Bruce Willis. That makes it required reading for this group, correct?

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine (justchristine) | 21 comments IF it helps, Diana says she'll send me bookmarks for the whole club if we end up picking her book (which I will then gladly distribute to whoever wants them)!