Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Peeta or Gale?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 866 (866 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Yvonne (new) - added it

Yvonne Alright guys and girls, who do you think/hope Katniss will choose? Her best friend or the boy with the bread a.k.a her District partner and love in the Hunger Games. I want to hear all of your opinions. As for me, I am Team Peeta all the way. Sorry Gale.

Tami I am not sure. I doubt she picks either in this book, but she may lean towards one. I think most of us would be choosing Peeta because we know him better. Gale wasn't a big enough part of the first book for us to really want to cheer for him.

message 3: by Annalisa (last edited Sep 01, 2009 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annalisa I'm going with Gale. I think they're a better fit, survivors and fighters. Peeta's sweet and Katniss would walk all over him. I don't think she's going to pick in this book either though.

message 4: by Yvonne (new) - added it

Yvonne I appreciate your honesty and opinion. :)

message 5: by Sofia-carby (new)

Sofia-carby I am 100 % Gale. I was that in the Hunger Games, he was very intriguing and in Catching Fire he was awesome even though he wasn't in it much. I think he's a fantastic character. He's very real, he's a survivor, he provides for his family working every single day and hunting. He's so devoted to his Catnip and I feel so sorry for him. He is the only one who really understands Katniss and knows how she operates. They are meant to be IMO, and if this were real life they probably would be. He is a complex character with flaws. I love him.

Peeta on the other hand is sweet, too sweet. People like that don't excist. I don't buy Peeta's love for Katniss and it feels as if there are only young girls who prefer this character - or girls with the same opinion of love like the one Twilight gives.

SO I hope she chooses Gale. I don't know if she will. I have a feeling Peeta will die though. He has been willing to die for Katniss in the last two books - I think it will happen for real in the last one. I don't know if that automatically makes Katniss end up with Gale but who knows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

message 6: by Ellie (new)

Ellie ok, i <3 peeta. He's sweet, funny and exactly what katniss needs. She just doesn't know it yet. I do agree with you though, I think he will die in the third book, he's too much of a "good person."

message 7: by Ellie (new)

Ellie ok, i <3 peeta. He's sweet, funny and exactly what katniss needs. She just doesn't know it yet. I do agree with you though, I think he will die in the third book, he's too much of a "good person."

message 8: by Yvonne (new) - added it

Yvonne I hope he ends up eith Katniss. He's good for her and he truly loves her and is not afraid to say it. He would do anything to keep her safe, even from herself. TEAM PEETA ALL THE WAY!!!!

message 9: by Annalisa (last edited Sep 16, 2009 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annalisa But if Katniss ended up with Peeta it would be because she feels guilty and that she owes him and wants to protect him. It would never be an honest give-and-take relationship and she would never open up to him the way she would with Gale. What Katniss feels for Peeta is platonic, almost motherly love. What Katniss has with Gale is a real relationship where she can be vulnerable and trusting and honest, with herself and Gale.

message 10: by i love... (new)

i love... ...ummm I love Peeta, but there is something about Gale that is very sexy!

message 11: by Al123 (new)

Al123 GALE!!!!! It just seems right. They have been best friends for years! And plus, in The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins said that when Katniss was in the woods with Gale, that's when she can really be herself. There's something that I can really connect with!!!! And also, I don't like it when a person like... really... like likes you it just feels too weird. And I wouldn't like the feeling if a person is willing to die for me. No matter how sweet the person is, I don't like the sappiness. Gale has a love for Katniss that fits them both perfectly and it is not sappy at all. So... GALE!!!!! XD

message 12: by Mare (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mare Gale =)

Cindi I go back and forth between the two, but I am leaning toward Peeta.

Marrion James (The Book Associate) Peeta, Peeta... Hopefully him! I am currently reading Mockingjay, so I hope Katniss will choose him instead of Gale. Well, Gale is alright but I am much more fond of Peeta. Besides, he the male protagonist in the book. :]

message 15: by Jmart (last edited Apr 02, 2011 09:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jmart I LOVE PEETA!!! Peeta all the way <3

Lupine Estill GALE!!!

message 17: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Peeta :)

Nikki Im not going to lie. I sorta wished both guys would get over Katniss and find someone better. I felt it was pretty obvious she didnt really want boyfriend or partner or what-not.

Karla Peeta all the way. But whatever.

Jennifer PETEA!

♥Jenny♥ I'm Team Finnick. He's definitely attractive, and he has a sense of humor. I love him. I'm not team Peeta because...I just don't like him like that. I think that he's a really great guy, he's just not for me. And I'm not team Gale because, well, I really don't know anything about him. So yeah, I'm Team Finnick : )

Karla Finnick's with Annie...

♥Jenny♥ Hailey wrote: "Finnick's with Annie..."

So? When I said that I was on Team Finnick, I meant that he was my favorite guy character in the book, not that I wanted to date him. And since when does the relationship status of fictional characters prevent anybody from choosing sides? For example, Edward Cullen, Peeta, Jacob Black, the list goes on.

Karla Okay, okay, okay.

Camille Peeta!! <3

Karla Lol. I agree.

Rabia I seriously don't know...They both seem so...it's indescribable. I know I could do better.

message 28: by Zoha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoha Petra all the way without a doubt.

message 29: by Karla (last edited Apr 03, 2011 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karla Peeta...?

message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Always been Team Peeta!

message 31: by Amna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amna Rabia wrote: "I seriously don't know...They both seem so...it's indescribable. I know I could do better."

i so agree:P Thing is i don't think i really prefer either

message 32: by Olivia (last edited Apr 03, 2011 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia I like Gale. Although, Peeta has gone through most of the obstacles with Katniss. He gets her more. But, Gale is more like her. They both hunt. Peeta and Gale both love Katniss and want to protect her! It is hard to choose only one!

Karla Abbmulholland19 wrote: "I like Gale. Although, Peeta has gone through most of the obstacles with Katniss. He gets her more. But, Gale is more like her. They both hunt. Peeta and Gale both love Katniss and want to protect ..."

Very true.

Olivia They both are really good guys...

Karla Yeah,

message 36: by Al123 (new)

Al123 gale cuz peeta annoys me.. he's too sappy

message 37: by - (new) - added it

- Peeta cause Gale never came back.

message 38: by Al123 (new)

Al123 came back for what?

message 39: by Al123 (new)

Al123 came back for what?

message 40: by - (new) - added it

- He never came back for Katniss, he just stayed in the capital

message 41: by Al123 (new)

Al123 oh
well ya that's true.. but i still like him cuz imagine how he would feel seeing katniss kissing peeta all the time right after he was going to say i love you but got forced out

message 42: by - (new) - added it

- If he really loved her as much as peeta did i, the idealist, would believe he would comeback, and he found out why they were kissing, and maybe he should have got the balls to do it himself before that whole mess

message 43: by Al123 (new)

Al123 ya but that's why i like gale he's like shy and not the kissing type (:

Nurlely I loved Peeta. He is the only true one for Katniss. After all the tragedy, Gale is full of rage and hatred. Peeta will not sway. He will go on no matter what. Peeta is perfect for Katniss....:)

Jesla its a good book

message 46: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I have to go with Peeta.

Lauren Team Peeta 150% I dont hate Gale like I hate Jacob I just think Peeta is better

Jesla i will go with Peeta

Annie Peeta all the way!

Nurlely Peter wrote: "Did any of you actually read the the last book"

I read the three books. I have loved Peeta since the Hunger Games up to the Epilogue in Mockingjay...:)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18