Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Series Discussions (Spoilers) > Demonica Series

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Jul 13, 2010 11:53AM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Author:
Larissa Ione
Larissa Ione

USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a blessing -- a job that moves easily.

She writes dark paranormal romance for Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books,) and contemporary romance for Red Sage and Samhain. Under the pen name Sydney Croft, she writes erotic action adventure romance with partner Stephanie Tyler.

Demonica books: (in order)

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

message 2: by new_user (last edited Aug 27, 2009 09:27PM) (new)

new_user I liked the first one best. Eidolon. :D He seemed a little more realistic to me, more thoughtful-- but maybe the author just had more time to write this one.

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

My favorite elements in the story don't have their own book. I really adore Gem and the side characters within the books.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user Yeah, I like the plot between Gem and her man too.

message 5: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
My fave character has been E. I like the world of 'UGH' =D. Larissa Ione has one of the better developed side character stories I have seen in a while.

Like Simi in Dark Hunters.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (literaryescapism) I thought it was hilarious how (oh what's her name, E's mate) was equaled to Buffy in the books. Or at least her organization was.

message 7: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Tayla =D

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (literaryescapism) That's it! It's been so long since I've read them. I can't wait for Lohr's (sp? did I even get the name right) book to come out next year.

message 9: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Jackie: Larissa does not speak Wardish, its spelled plainly, Lore. LOL. I know a lot of authors like to jazz up the names but with Lore, she has not. His story is due out 1-26-2010.

Very looking forward to see how his half status plays out. Being half demon.

message 10: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments I blazed through the first book but then got through half of the second and stopped. Haven't had the desire to finish the second one yet. But, I am almost out of library reading material, so I may pick it back up soon.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments I just got caught up with the series yesterday and think that Wraith's story was my favorite. I liked him and Serena and loved that Gem and Kynan had such a big role. Lore is intriguing, so I look forward to reading his story. Not sure how many other brothers she's going to be able to generate though - unless they're all these half human ones that aren't detectable by E, Shade and Wraith.

message 12: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Darkheart: In her group here on GR she explains that Lore will be the last 'planned' Demonica series book but she will want to do novellas based in the Demoncia world and possible spin-offs. I believe she said Gem and Kynan will get a story. Are you in the Demonica series group?

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (literaryescapism) I had thought I heard she was going to do six books total and that was it. Is that number still good?

message 14: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

If she does Gem and Kynan's story plus one more then that'll be 6. If I get the chance to scan thru the messages in the Demonica group I'll post what I find out.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I almost hope she doesn't give Gem and Kynan their own book and keeps them as a B story throughout the series, because I find that a lot of times they're the only reason I keep reading. Unless she saves them for last.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Interesting. No, I'm not in the GR group for the series. While I enjoy it, I'm not as enamored by it as others seem to be. And if Gem and Kynan are now getting married, is there really enough to write about on them? Surely we've seen the bulk of their story play out, unless the wedding doesn't go through.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) DarkHeart wrote: "Gem and Kynan are now getting married"

Gasp! Well, the thread did say spoilers. I should have known better.... (I haven't read book 3 yet.)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Crap! I'm so sorry... =(

message 19: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

From Demonica Series Group

Larissa Ione says: Vale, I'm not sure whether or not book 5 will be the last or not. I'll be discussing it with my editor soon. I think what we're looking at is a spinoff series, but I won't know for sure until this fall. I'll be sure to keep you all up on the details!

message 20: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Also...named withheld wrote: "GASP! No!

You beat that editor with a wooden spoon if they say 5 is the last.

We need more, LOTS more! /grins"

L I says LOL -- we'll see what happens! I do have more Demonica stories in my head, but I've got a couple of spinoff ideas too...so if we go with the spinoff, I still might write a Demonica story or two as free reads or novellas. I'd really like to give Reaver a romance, even though he sort of got his HEA. *g*

message 21: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

From Demonica Series Group

Larissa Ione says: Vale, I'm not sure whether or not book 5 will be the last or not. I'll be discussing it with my editor soon. I think what we're looking at is a spinoff series, but I won't know for sure until this fall. I'll be sure to keep you all up on the details!

message 22: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Also...named withheld wrote: "GASP! No!

You beat that editor with a wooden spoon if they say 5 is the last.

We need more, LOTS more! /grins"

L I says LOL -- we'll see what happens! I do have more Demonica stories in my head, but I've got a couple of spinoff ideas too...so if we go with the spinoff, I still might write a Demonica story or two as free reads or novellas. I'd really like to give Reaver a romance, even though he sort of got his HEA. *g*

message 23: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Can the countdown for Lore's story begin? WOW! Jan 26th is the release date but I'll probably pre-order and get it early.

OMG! I love Ione's demon world like I love Frost's vamp world. I cant't wait to get another taste. Even if its an OK story. I just love this series so much!

message 24: by Cat (new)

Cat (shynet5025) | 4 comments Kenjii wrote: "Can the countdown for Lore's story begin? WOW! Jan 26th is the release date but I'll probably pre-order and get it early.

OMG! I love Ione's demon world like I love Frost's vamp world. I cant't w..."

Don't order it I already did and you can have it when I am done

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Ok then, I will wait, thanks =D

message 26: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Trish: Sin Undone is the next book right? I don't think there's a cover aval on GR yet but when there is you'll addit right? =D.

message 27: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yeah I will :)

I wish mods can edit other mods posts... it would make organizing the group so much better! lol

message 28: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Trish: Thanks =D That would make things easier, huh? LOL!

Larissa is doing a blogtalk radio interview today 2 pm est. I got a tweet. Let me see if I can get the info. Will post!

message 29: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Interview w/ Larissa Ione author of ECSTASY UNVEILED 2/17/2010 - grandcentralpub on Blog Talk Radio
www.blogtalkradio.com
Larissa Ione an Air Force veteran lives a nomadic lifestyle with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and young son. She currently lives in Wisconsin and is hard at work on her next Demonica novel. Visit her website at www.LarissaIone.com. ...

message 30: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Sin Undone segue ways into a new series. Is this news on the website? www.larissaione.com? Because I heard it today on the blogtalk radio interview.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

OOOh I wonder if the new series is about the assassins.

message 32: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

That was an interesting [and much talked about:] part of Lore's story. Plus it'll be a huge part of Sin's story since she's running the Guild.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I really think the new series is gonna be centered around the Guild. Awesomeness.

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan Ok, I bought book 4 recently but haven't found the first 3 yet. Do you recommend they be read in order?

message 35: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yes Megan, because book 4 will spoil stuff in book 3 for you.

message 36: by Megan (new)

Megan thats what I was afraid of. I hate it when a bookstore has the last book in the series without keeping the first ones stocked. I like to buy them all at once and read straight through the series. I can't wait to start this series because I have heard so many great things about it.

message 37: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Megan: I recommend you buy them ALL. And then read them in order. If you don't love this series you'll at least enjoy the world of demons Larissa Ione has created.