Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Stephen King needs ALOT of help. There are numerous foreign language editions that need to be combined. Also, there are several novels that were split into seperate volumes for translation that have been combined with the whole work.

There also appears to be several short stories that were added separately from their original collection.

Any takers?

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Uh oh. I worked on Stephen King not that long ago. I don't think I combined any partial works, but I'll go check later. Other than checking for my own mistakes, if any, I don't have too much time until Saturday at least to do librarian work. Thanks, Vicki.

message 3: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Danse Macbre seems to have 'Anatomie de l'horreur, tome 1' and 'Anatomie de l'horreur, tome 2' combined with it. I didn't research these, but on first glance, these seem like they would be separate.

There is also under Needful Things, three that are listed as 01, 02, 03. There are also some suspicious looking items under Nightmares and Dreamscapes and The Tommyknockers. The Stand has a 'Part 1 of 2' and 'Part 2 of 2'.

This is a short story that is in one of the collections, but I don't remeber which one...

I'm not trying to undermine you Lisa. I just wanted to point you (or whoever) in the right direction!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Vicki, Well, if I combined those, it was a horrible error, but I doubt that I did. Sometimes I do combine a straggler with a bunch of editions, and there may be some in that bunch that need separating that I don't notice but, if the edition gives the information you just posted, I don't think I'd have made that kind of error. You never know though.

Vicki, We love this kind of post in this group. Correcting errors is one of the tasks we're here to do.

I tried to look at Stephen King. It's rather overwhelming. I did notice I posted a post about this author when I was having trouble combining, so I probably combined, or tried to combine, at least one book of his.