Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Brand New

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katharine (new)

Katharine (alienateshealershaker) | 12 comments Hello all! I just joined GR about 30 minutes ago, so I am new to the whole experience. I decided to look at the groups and immeditately found this one. This is the perfect group for me. While I love classics, I can't seem to wander far from YA fiction. When people ask why I am reading YA books, I usually find myself coming up with excuses. You know: "I'm tired of reading of heavy material... I want to give my mind a break..." While these are sort of true (I just finished law school and work in a law library), the full truth is that it wouldn't matter, I would want to read YA fiction anyway! So, I am very excited to be here and meet others like myself.

Katharine

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Wow Katharine, I want your job! Welcome to Wild Things, where's it's OK to like young adult fiction! I really wish that stigma would drop off the face of the earth already. It's annoying.

But anyway....we're stigma free here.

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Welcome Katherine,

YA is pretty much all I read these days - they are so different..

I love em and I am 45!!

Good to know ya

message 4: by Katharine (new)

Katharine (alienateshealershaker) | 12 comments Laura, I'm glad you are impressed with my job. I like it, but it's not quite what I want. I do mostly circ work right now and I really want to do reference (I love legal research!). I am trying to see if I can get on with a large law firm library because they are a little less picky about qualifications. Then I will go back and get my Masters in Law Librarianship so that I can work in a law school library or a court library. I know, I am such a dork!

message 5: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 274 comments Hi Katharine, and welcome. I love your excuses - I use them all the time. And if you love YA books, this is the place to be ;)

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 265 comments Hi Katherine. Welcome to the group.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) Welcome Katharine! You are not a dork, you are unique!

Samantha McNulty Welcome! You'll soon bec ome addicted to GR and Wild Things! We're all just addicted as each other!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 623 comments You don't need excuses here...we're a family that loves YA books!!!

Welcome to the group & also to GR...it is def. addicting!!!