twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > Soundtrack Confirmations & Album Cover

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie | 40 comments Sorry if this already has a designated thread. I looked (I promise) but did not find one. Anywho...Death Cab For Cutie has the first single on the soundtrack and it's called Meet Me On the Equinox. Check out SM's website for more details or the MTV link below. BTW the song premiers on 9/13/09 at the MTV VMA's.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1619...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! It premiers on my birthday! Cool.

message 3: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Aug 27, 2009 01:39PM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Thank you for checking for this thread and thanks for the info...I love Death Cab!!!

message 4: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Legendary indie rockers Death Cab for Cutie have confirmed to MTV that they will be contributing a brand new track called “Meet me on the Equinox” to the New Moon soundtrack.

“We didn’t expect it would be chosen for the first single — we were thinking it would be a part of the soundtrack, maybe,” Harmer laughed. “I have no idea if ['Twilight' author:] Stephenie Meyer approved it or what. It’s been an exciting process, because we’ve been so removed from it. We were in L.A. for a week and we went into the studio and wrote and recorded the song and submitted it. We didn’t know where anything stood, and then we just got a call last week like, ‘Guess what — your song has been chosen as the first single.’ “

Harmer is the first to admit that Death Cab and “Twilight” seem like an unusual pairing (only guitarist/producer Chris Walla has read the entire series), but upon closer inspection, they actually have plenty in common: most of which has to do with geography and, of course, matters of the heart.

“The big connection for us is ‘Here’s a wildly popular book series about vampires — which are awesome — set in the Northwest,’ and we happen to be from the Northwest as well, so there’s this sort of hometown pride kind of thing going on,” Harmer said. “I’m kind of happy that Stephenie Meyer put Forks, Washington, on the map for the entire globe.

“I’m pretty sure Ben didn’t try to write a song from the perspective of one of the characters from the novel. The emotional stuff is what he homed in on, because that’s what we do,” he said. “It’s an uptempo song … it fits right into the Death Cab canon. The lyrics are darker and brooding, the music is a little more up. I don’t know if it’s a rock song … when you hear it, you’ll think, ‘Yep, that’s a Death Cab song.’ “

In an unusaul twist, this song will be the first single from the soundtrack. Yes, you read that right–there will be singles from the soundtrack, just like a real record! You’ll be able to hear the song September 13th on MTV.com during the VMA’s

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 50 comments So death cab wrote the song especially for New Moon?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, the song was written just for the film.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The Official Album Cover for the New Moon Soundtrack

[image error]

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you think? Do you love it? Hate it? It seems they are keeping with the tradition of using the film poster. I think it's cool.

message 9: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I'm glad they are sticking to the same premise...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be really weird to see them next to each other if they didn't. Like they were segregated.

message 11: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I think it rocks. They seem to do that for all movies, they used the movie poster for the soundtrack cover.

message 12: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (last edited Aug 29, 2009 01:47PM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Stephanie wrote: "I'm glad they are sticking to the same premise..."

Oh yeah, sorry about re-posting the Volturi pics, Steph. I can't access certain topics for some reason, so I didn't see you had posted them.

message 13: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

No problem at all girl...=) I just posted them straight on here so that we don't have to click any links.

message 14: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Okay.

Eeeeppp I'm so excited for new moon. I am SO going to the midnight premire. It's gonna be so fuuuuunnn!