Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Mystery > The Great Brain

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan (dand) The Great Brain is more of a detective book than a Mystery but I wasn't sure where else to put it.
These were great fun when I was in elementary school. The Great Brain goes around his neighborhood solving mysteries and puzzles.
Very similar to Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective if you're familiar with those, but I like the Great Brain better.

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I absolutely adore the Great Brain books! I have the boxed set I purchased for my kids and we've read them out loud together quite a few times. As a child myself, I read them over and over and over. I guess it goes without saying, I feel the same way about Encyclopedia!

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) I will have to give "The Great Brain" a try with my sons, I loved Encyclopedia when I was young, but the sons can't stand to read them. Thanks for the suggestion.

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments Brenda, it's the same at my house: I loved Encyclopedia Brown but my son can't get into them. Maybe I'll have him try The Great Brian with my son, too.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) Both boys did like "Adam Sharp." He is a boy-spy!