Clean Romances discussion

General Chat > Critique Partners

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 31 comments I realize all of us are not authors and so maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question. But I'm curious how I should go about finding a Critique Partner. I have seen the value in having one and would like to find one. Any ideas how to go about it?

Rachel Rager

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 59 comments I find the best critique partners are writers who are also readers. They tend to know what you are looking for in feedback and give what you need when you ask. They also see things that we, as the author, doesn't see as readily since we are too close to our work.

What kind of critique partner are you looking for? Someone to exchange work and comment back and forth or something else?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 31 comments I don't really know what I'm looking for exactly. I had a gal do a little work on my prologue and was blown away by the helpfulness of the suggestions in just a page worth of stuff. She has her own CP but I thought I might benifit from exchanging work with someone. You know, someonewho can help me see things I've missed or whatever.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 59 comments I would be willing to do that with you if you would like.

message 5: by Rachel (last edited Aug 28, 2009 07:34PM) (new)

Rachel | 31 comments Sure. That sounds fine. I really don't know what to expect from this, but it might be fun anyway! Do you have anything you need looked at? I'm hoping to have my ms done by next week sometime. (I know I said that last week. Apparently I lied! :) )

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 59 comments Yes, it should be fun. :) I don't know about you, but I love reading and commenting as well as receiving the comments. Discussing writing is one of my favorite things to do. :)

I have three old manuscripts that I am trying to prepare for publication. I would probably choose one of them to send you. :)

message 7: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (kayleeb) | 17 comments Hey Rachel,
I really appreciated you taking the time to look through my ms last month. If you are still looking for a critique I am more than willing to return the favor. It is amazing what a fresh pair of eyes can catch!
Kaylee