Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Colorado's Marijuana Economy: An Explosion of Ganjapreneurship

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I think I'm moving to Colorado. :)

http://correspondents.theatlantic.com...

"Since marijuana farmers have begun selling exclusively to legitimate dispensaries, the underground market for illegal weed has been quashed, putting drug dealers out of business for lack of available stock. One such dealer I talked to in Boulder, who I will call Quark at his request, told me that with the supply of high-quality Colorado hydroponic weed redirected to dispensaries, he has only been able to procure cheap Mexican schwag for the past few months. Since the implications of indirect association with brutal Mexican cartels unsettles him, Quark is currently seeking a regular job so he will have money to pay tuition this year. Though it has negatively impacted his own solvency, Quark has nothing but praise for the new phase in Colorado's marijuana industry. His only concern is that the change in employment status will burden his study time as he nears completion of his advanced degree in astrophysics."

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I thought you were moving to P.Rico. Make up your mind, Sherrie!

:)

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments we need to come up with a direct network marketing plan for distributing this medicinal weed. a catchy name like: CannWay or something like that. i think HerbaLife is taken

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Kevin: MaryWay!

message 5: by Heidi (last edited Aug 27, 2009 02:03PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments We should have a contest for best name. The winner gets free car washes from RA for a year!

message 6: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments GanjaLife!

Yea well, we're still waiting on PR, RA... but Colorado is looking pretty darn good about now. :)

I think maybe I'll perfect a Mary Jane Cupcake recipe and go open a shop there. It'll be like a little Amsterdam in the US.

message 7: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) While GanjaLife is good, CosmicSher, and you should be lauded for your fine work of imagination, in the end, my MaryWay beats the living crap out of it in a street fight. Love and Kisses
heheheheheheh JK

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well if we want to name Sher's bakery maybe we could call it Herbalicious

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Awwwww, I almost feel guilty now. I would go to Sher's bakery every day, and stay for hours on end.

message 10: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Okay Stephen, I'll cede HerbaLife to you... but I'm keeping the Herbalicious Bakery of Fine Tasty Treats. :)

All are welcome to come partake, and a free Ganjacake for everybody!

Hmm... we may need to wrangle up some mellow-cool live music to entertain whilst we while away the hours on end.

message 11: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Yeah, perhaps some Rasta, and then for the afternoon, Sitar music.

message 12: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Dat might just work, mon. 'Ere, pass it along now. Don't boggart my ganjacake.

message 13: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Mmmmm, what would a ganjacake taste like? We need Montambo to add some recipe into this.

message 14: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) And how do you know this about Nederland, BunWat? Hmmm?

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've been to Nederland, Colorado!!! My brother lives in Boulder and plays in Nederland sometimes. He just calls it "Ned", though. I get all the small towns in the mountains confused...there's one really small town, then a little further up there's the small town with the Best Western and the coffee shop in an old railroad car...I think one of them is Nederland.

message 16: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) I do not like mountains. Every year of my life as a child my parents would ask me, "where do you want to go for vacation?" I would say, "the beach." They would say, "Oh no, we're going to Colorado. Aren't you excited?" I was not. I hate mountains. I don't like the mountains in Kentucky either, even though they are a pale resemblance to the MIGHTY MANLY ROCKIES.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

After going to NY this year my son asked if we couldn't go back to Colorado next year. I think I will accommodate him.

message 18: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 158 comments I actually want to go out to Colorado...I have a friend from Boulder and he went back to visit and took pictures of the mountains. We are thinking of planning a trip for next year.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Agreed.

message 20: by Wild for Wilde (new)

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) Boulder is so fun, my sis is going there right now. It's gorgeous too, I want to go when there's skiing weather! I don't understand why they need weed there because it's such a fun, happy, beautiful utopia of a place.

message 21: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24002 comments Mod
Patrick Kennedy on marijuana: “Destroys the brain and expedites psychosis”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/r...