Cannon Harry Potter RP and FF discussion

School

Comments Showing 1-50 of 332 (332 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 1220 comments Mod
So... I'm guessing posts are dwindling due to school. I know that's why I'm online a lot less.

Anyways, what classes are we all taking this year? Public school? Private? Home? If you have a homework question that can't be answered by anyone on your end, maybe post it here and somebody can help. I know that's not exactly the point of this group, but it can't hurt, can it?

message 2: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments cool!

message 3: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Hi there!

message 4: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments heyy!

message 5: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Ra-Ra (Laura) | 941 comments Mod
It sounds great, Taylor! I'm in a public school, personally. Advanced classes, so I'm going to have lots of homework. I'm going to have to trust you guys to behave! *stern look* Haha.

message 6: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments hehe

message 7: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Haha! You changed your pic, I was confused for a sec.

I am also in public school, and also with advanced classes. Anyone else here taking pre-calculus???

message 8: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments ......ALGEBRA 1!

message 9: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

LUCKY!!!! I miss regular algebra....

message 10: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments i want geometry:]

message 11: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

What grade are you in?

message 12: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments 7

message 13: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Dang... I didn't take Geo til 8th, and that was considered early...

message 14: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments it looks so easy!

message 15: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Ever heard of proofs?

message 16: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments no

message 17: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

They are these things where you have to explain exactly (and I mean exactly) why, when given certain information, a shape follows a specific theorem. Theorems are the rules for circles and triangles and such, and there are about a million of them.

Geometry is not just shapes and lines. I wish it was.

message 18: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) I love pretty much all mathematics!

message 19: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I am soooooo incredibly jealous of you.... I wish I liked math. I can't stand it, but I'm good at it. At least, somehow good enough to test two years higher than my grade level. Anyhow, I'm a history buff. I loooooooooove history, I find it absolutely fascinating.

message 20: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments same. but i suck at the drawing

message 21: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

I'm in Algebra II, and I'm a 10th grader haha. I thought taking Geometry 9th grade was early! Goodness haha.

What I'm scared about is Chemistry...it's crazy.

message 22: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Yay tenth grader! Me too!

And I'm wishing I had taken Algebra 2 this year, Pre-Calc is insanity. But nooooo... I had to take a stupid placement test that was too easy.

My Chem class is sooooo boring. It's Honors, too. But all we do is sit there and take notes, and the only difference between Honors and not is that there is a semester project. Ugh. But today we did the dancing food experiment, which was pretty cool.

What history are you taking?

message 23: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) I thought Chemistry was tons of fun! But that's just me...

message 24: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

It's all in the teacher. My teacher just stands there and doesn't seem to want to be there at all.

message 25: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) Yeah. That would be really hard to be excited about the subject if the teacher isn't excited about it.

message 26: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Exactly. It's why I love history so much. My teacher is so passionate about the subject, it's infectious. Not to mention we actually have fun and laugh a lot, even when we're on topic.

message 27: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments omg! my school has the swine flu going around! lol! im serious! 120 people were absent yesterday and thirty went home yesterday!

message 28: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

WOW. That is not cool. Wash your hands lots!

My school has a cold going round it. I got it last week, as did two of my friends, and now three more of my friends have it, along with a bunch of other people at school. It's sore throat, cough, and nasal congestion, but no fever, which means no flu.

message 29: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments luckies. and we had hand sanatizers installed in every(almost every) room

message 30: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Most of my teachers bought their own. And one of my teachers is slightly germophobic, so she has hand sanitizer and antibacterial stuff everywhere.

message 31: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Swine flu is going around my school too! One of my really good friends has it, and I'm worried I'm going to get it.

I really wish Chemistry was boring...it's my most stressful crazy class. My teacher is funny, but he also likes to give quizzes...EVERY DAY....

I'm in US History. What about you, Taylor?

message 32: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

AP European History. I love it, but AP classes are a lot of work, and this is only my first one. I'll probably take two or three next year, and then even more senior year. Which is kinda scary.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the swine flu doesn't come to my school.

We had our first Varsity football game of the season, and we lost 38-0. I was really bummed. Do you guys follow your school sports at all?

message 33: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments i do sometimes. and i think i have the strep throat that was going around too.*whew* luckily its not h1n1

message 34: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

No kidding. I still have a bit of the cold that I got from my school, but a lot of people have it worse than I do right now.

Pep rallies: fun or boring?

message 35: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments 6th-boring when sit on floor
7-depends wat kind

message 36: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (last edited Sep 05, 2009 01:58PM) (new)

Well, middle school pep rallies are very different from high school ones... At least, at my middle and high school, they were. Middle school, we sat on the floor and the teachers and coaches talked to us for half an hour. At the high school the band plays different music, color guard performs, we have the Spirit Stick competition, usually some goofy activity, and a whole bunch of stuff. We get introduced to teams, clubs, coaches, and teachers, with good music playing in the background. One of my teachers does raps (I don't like rap music, but it's still really cool to see your teacher rapping and it not being dorky). We shout ourselves hoarse in support of our team. And our teachers. And our friends. At the one yesterday, people dressed up in these random clothes and then walked the runway, including one of my teachers. It was hilarious. My teacher ended up wearing a pirate hat, pajama pants, and these really strange blue shoes...

High school is super fun. I love it. The teachers are different, but in a good way. I don't miss middle school at all.

Sorry about all that. Teehee, I had fun at the pep rally yesterday.

message 37: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments lol

message 38: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I like to ramble sometimes.... I do it a lot on phone messages.... =P Anywho, what is your favorite class?

message 39: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments yearbook:)

message 40: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Cool! I've never taken yearbook.

message 41: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments its fun!

message 42: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Taylor wrote: "AP European History. I love it, but AP classes are a lot of work, and this is only my first one. I'll probably take two or three next year, and then even more senior year. Which is kinda scary.

..."

I'm in AP too, I just didn't want to put that in case you didn't know what it was and I didn't wanna explain haha.

Yeah, we won our first football game! It was awesome. We took state last year for the first time in like 30 years, it was amazing!

Pep rallies are amazing here too. The spirit literally smacks you in the face when you walk into the Field House. Everybody is singing and yelling and dancing. It's so awesome! Middle school pep rallies weren't any fun at all.

message 43: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: | 642 comments nope! lol.

message 44: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

That's awesome! I wish we'd win state... *sigh*

AP American History is our history class for junior year... I love AP Euro, though. My teacher totally rules.

Our football game was horrifying.

The spirit doesn't smack you in the face, exactly, at my school, but people sing and dance and yell a lot. My throat still hurts a little, and my hands were red from clapping. And middle school pep rallies aren't any fun. Then again, middle school sports aren't nearly as serious as high school sports.

message 45: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (last edited Sep 06, 2009 10:34AM) (new)

Maybe you can win state this year! There's always hope.

AP US History is usually a junior class here too, but I want to do a special college-credit program and it doesn't offer a US History class, so I have to take it now. :P It kind of sucks. I wish my school would offer European History, all we have is World (and a semester elective of Ancient Mideval History).

I simply cannot wait until the first pep rally on Friday. I'm going to make signs and blow up balloons beforehand! It's awesome to not be a freshman. :D

Did you go to your football game? I didn't. We played about two hours away.

message 46: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I was going to go to my game, but my mom had friends over. I had no ride. (I don't turn sixteen til January and I don't have my permit yet! *pouts*)

I love European History. It's fascinating. And the teacher I have is incredible. She's the best teacher I've ever had, ever. She rocks. I love that class. It's a bummer that your school doesn't offer it.

Teehee, not being a freshman is pretty awesome. I know a couple of freshmen, and every time I see them, I yell, "Hi Freshman!" The one keeps telling me to shut up, and that I'm going to get him beat up. For some reason, some freshmen seem to think they'll get beat up just because they're freshmen. But that isn't true unless they do something really stupid!

message 47: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Exactly! Freshmen will only get beat up by strange older students if they step on the school seal. Actually, you can get beat up if you do that and you're a senior, at my school....so that's just not a good idea in general haha.

I have freshman friends too. They sometimes make me laugh with their nervousness. And sometimes I forget they're freshmen and they don't know all of the school songs yet.

I've only seen one freshman get canned (thrown into a trash can) but that was by other freshmen, and I think they were all friends...so that doesn't count.

I wish my AP US History teacher was more excited. He's the baseball coach, so he's kind of...bland, I guess.

message 48: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I remember our first day of school, when the freshmen had the deer-in-the-headlights look going on. It made me laugh. They looked so lost and confused. They're better now, though.

My AP Euro teacher is super passionate. She has choreography for certain lessons and she talks a lot. I had her for Lit/Humanities last year and I'm really glad I have her again. Her class was what got me through the first few months of freshman year, and now I love high school.

My main issue with high school initially was stupid freshman girl drama.

message 49: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Freshmen girls love drama. It's extremely frustrating. But their deer-in-the-headlights looks make me laugh a lot. (Even more because I wore that same look the first month of high school).

Things are a lot harder this year. :( It makes me miss freshman year!

message 50: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I know, me too! I have so much work to do! I'm in mostly honors classes, and I joined both Key Club and MEChA, which means I have even less time to do homework.

I'm sure I wore the deer-in-the-headlghts look for a while, too.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7